27

Wooyoung cast his eyes on Y/N as he entered the house, and then closed the door behind him. They had both gone out to dinner almost three hours ago, and had just returned.

The boy walked slowly and stopped the girl's walk, surrounding her waist with his arms. Y/N froze and raised an eyebrow. She could not stop one corner of her mouth from turning up.

"Go change, love," he whispered close to her ear. "Get comfortable."

And with that said, he let go of her waist and walked away from her. Y/N frowned slightly and turned slowly.

"Jung...?"

However, Wooyoung walked in complete silence without looking at her and entered the kitchen, leaving her alone in the room. Y/N knew that it was not worth even trying to ask again, because she would not get anything other than that in return.

So she went to her room.

Although she liked the way the outfit she was wearing fit her curves perfectly, she could not deny that the idea of ​​going back to her more casual clothes sounded better than ever; she liked going out with Wooyoung and get to know a bit of the upper class of society, however, nothing compared to that feeling of freedom that only her baggy night pants gave her.

When she finally dressed her bottoms, an idea flashed through her mind and it didn't take her even two seconds to get the hang of it. The girl walked straight into Wooyoung's room and took out one of the larger shirts from his wardrobe without remorse. Then, she dressed her body with it, leaving it slightly unbuttoned, and went back to the living room.

Not finding the boy there, she tilted her head to one side and sighed, not knowing what to expect. She slowly walked around the place until one of the curtains facing the balcony caught her attention; there was a silhouette behind it. She could not help but smile before heading towards her new destination.

As soon as she was under the frame of the window, she observed the boy sitting in the large armchair of the place with a blanket resting on the back of the seat. Sensing another presence besides him, Wooyoung turned around and made eye contact with her. Y/N tilted her head and approached the boy who followed her with his eyes all the time. It was then, once she was in front of him, that she discovered the two cups he was holding.

Wooyoung raised an eyebrow and looked at her body, noticing her cleavage. Then, he bit his lip and smiled:

"I can't be sweet to you without being provoked, huh."

Y/N couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"Complain when it bothers you," she returned.

The boy narrowed his eyes and smiled.

"Come here, love," he whispered then, moving slightly and pointing to a space next to him on the couch.

It didn't take long for Y/N to take a seat, and Wooyoung put his arm around her shoulders to pull her closer to him. The girl rested her head on his shoulder and received the mug, bringing it to her lips. The more than familiar taste of coffee reached her palate, calming all her senses.

Then Wooyoung sighed and they both let the vastness of the night surround them. In front of them, the lights of the city decorated the visual panorama, and the silence around them had captured them. Without breaking the atmosphere, they both drank from their cups and enjoyed the moment.

However, after their drinks were gone and only they were left in contrast to the depth of the night, Y/N spoke:

"Why... drugs?"

Wooyoung gently turned to her and made eye contact for a few seconds.

"Sometimes the best thing you can do with your life is take the opportunities that come your way," he answered. "I never thought to try them, I just needed the money."

The boy turned his eyes to the city, still feeling Y/N's gaze on his profile. Hwang studied his features and expressions more than she would ever admit; she kept comparing the image of him with the Wooyoung she met long ago, but she still didn't find a difference. His work and environment was different but nothing in him had changed, for some reason, she knew that she could believe in his words.

With a sigh, she settled down beside him and looked away.

"You already have the money..." she murmured. "Haven't you thought about quitting now?"

Wooyoung fell silent, as if that question had been solved more than once by himself. It almost seemed like deja vu.

Then he smiled.

"No." He clicked his tongue and paused. "Even if it's dangerous and rumors spread about me... it still has more advantages than disadvantages."

Y/N had not noticed how the atmosphere around them had changed until then. It seemed as if both of them had been swallowed by the philosophy of life and experience. With the answer she was looking for, Y/N just nodded and fell silent. Despite everything, Wooyoung's work did not affect her; she knew that the boy could protect himself well and his greatness in the area had been demonstrated, however...

"Tomorrow I'm going to teach you self-defense." Jung interrupted her thoughts at the right moment.

"...huh?"

Y/N looked at him once more, both eyebrows raised, and he returned the gaze.

"It's dangerous work," he continued. "I don't want you to get into it, but if you stay by my side, we both run the same risks."

The girl tensed slightly upon hearing his words; she could perfectly remember the last time Wooyoung had been absent and she had stayed on her own. The boy noticed the tension in her muscles and could not help but bring her a little closer to him.

"I won't let them touch you again," he said firmly, still irritated at the memory. "You're mine."

A smile appeared on Y/N's face after his words and she nodded again. Even if there was a contract between them that literally backed up the boy's words, she had never felt that Wooyoung was faking any of them.

And she liked that.

"Yes..." Wooyoung sighed and slowly nodded. "I'm not leaving this."

"Your work?" The girl's eyes focused on him again.

"That neither."