Among the Rubble

Warnings: Possoble spoilers for the Dream SMP, blood/gore, description of said blood/gore, pretty descriptive words

~~~

As the dust settled and everything had sunken in, shocked and heartbroken exclamations filled the air. Ponk could barely hear the screaming, his ears were ringing loudly and his body was numb. When the masked man looked down at himself, he couldn't register what had happened. Where two, strong legs had once been were now bloody stubs that oozed the red substance, staining the ground beneath the man and the clothes he wore. He heard a clearer voice as he began to process things, process what had just happened. One minute, Wilbur had handed over presidency to Tommy, who handed it back to Wilbur, who then handed it to Tubbo. Tubbo had begun to speak, but everything cut off after that, leaving Ponk in the state he was now.

After reflecting on things, trying to figure out what happened, Ponk felt someone shake him lightly, bringing him out of his stupor.

"Ponk? Ponk!! Oh my gosh- are- are you ok?! Are you hurt anywhere else?! We need to get you help!!!" It was Sam. Since when did he get here? Ponk just stared at the tall hybrid as he tried to help him, he just couldn't move. He couldn't do anything.

The next thing Ponk remembered was feeling warm and then being in a comfortable bed, now all patched up and the bleeding stopped. He slowly looked around, as being on the brink of unconsciousness was foreign to him, it felt like he was floating, but not in a good way.

A while after Ponk awoke, Sam entered the room, holding a tray with a glass of water and a small, poorly made, sandwich. Upon seeing Ponk awake, Sam smiled, hurrying over to the bedridden male and setting the tray on the bedside table. "You're finally awake... how do you feel?"

Ponk blinked slowly, "I feel uncomfortably numb... I already know I have no legs... but it's just... a lot to take in... I can't hear that well, nor see out of my right eye... but other than that... I guess I'm fine..." Sam sighed, frowning, "I'm so sorry, Ponkie... nothing could be done for your eye, but your hearing should come back, at least a little..."

Sam gently caressed Ponk's face, the smaller leaning into the touch. It was going to be a long and hard road to recovery.

A few months later, Ponk was rolling around the server in a wheelchair like contraption that Sam had made for him until he could construct proper prosthetics. Ponk didn't mind at all, he just enjoyed being able to get around after being bed and chair-ridden for what seemed like ages.

Of course, the small male still had ghost pains where his legs used to be, or his ears would hum, but he didn't complain. Ponk just lived life to the fullest, enjoying everything he could. You only live once, after all.

Once Sam had constructed prosthetics for Ponk, he brought them over and had Ponk test fit them. When everything went smoothly, Sam helped Ponk up and over to a set of two bars he could hold onto for support. Of course, the going was slow and long, but after another month or so, Ponk could practically walk on his own.

At the end of the day, Ponk appreciates everything he has, everyone he cares about, and every part of his body he still has. Yes, some days are harder than others, but he pushes through and proves his intrusive thoughts wrong. Ponk could never have done everything he has without the help he received from friends, so he gives thanks for them every day.