In My Mouth

Warnings: angst, language, partially NSFW humor/joke(s), possible lore spoilers,

Note: This is a one shot that gives the characters either slightly or completely different personalities. This allows me to write characters I'm comfortable writing, but with different personalities and similar things.

~~~

A soft knock on the front door awoke Ponk from his nap on the couch, causing him to groggily get up and approach it.

He opened the door, asking,

"What do you wa-"

The platinum blonde cut off as he gripped the door handle tight and gazed into the eyes of the man on the other side of the doorway.

So many memories he had pushed down and locked away came spilling into the forefront of his mind once more as the man he once loved more than anything looked back at him.

Sam, the one Ponk had so dearly loved, slowly extended a hand, placing it on Ponk's cheek.

The two stared at eachother for what felt like hours until Ponk snapped out of it and hastily slapped Sam's hand away,

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!"

The warden flinched at Ponk's harsh tone, acting as if he were a fox kit who had just been scolded for trying to eat a small bone shaped rock, hurt flashing in his eyes.

"Huh? Well?!" Ponk prompted, anger flaring in his tone.

Sam's posture had shrunken, he looked so defeated and small, a ghost of what he used to be. This gave Ponk the confidence to even speak a word.

"I..."

Ponk grimaced, annoyed by Sam's lack of a response,

"Are you going to answer me, or are you going to continue standing there like you're the victim?"

That seemed to snap Sam out of his stupor as he looked at the ground,

"I'm sorry... could we possibly talk...?"

The shorter male huffed, thinking it over,

"Maybe. But what is it that you want to talk about? Maybe the way you mutilated me, or maybe about how much you put me through, all of the pain and agony?"

Sam shrunk back slightly, not used to the lashing he was receiving,

"Ponk, p-please..."

"Fine. Come in and sit on the couch."

Ponk stepped aside, allowing the taller male to enter his house and take a seat on the couch.

Ponk pulled his recliner over so it was sitting across from Sam, he then sat in it.

"What was so important now, hmm?" He raised an eyebrow as he gazed at Sam.

"Well, I wanted to talk..."

Ponk chewed on his lip, biting back a sharp retort about how he had already said that.

Surprisingly, Sam didn't realize, and continued to talk,

"I know we haven't been on the best terms... but I was wondering if I could stay here for a few days...?"

Sam saw the flame light in Ponk's eyes, so he hurried as much as he could,

"The wound- uh, I mean my eye... the one that Dream took with his pickaxe has begun to... fester... you're the only good doctor I know of around here... so I thought you might be able to help..."

Ponk scrunched his face up, which wasn't very evident under his mask,

"And why should I help you? All you've ever done now is torture me endlessly, whether you realize it or not!"