Overworked

Warnings: fluff, very minor 'angst'

~~~

The passive aggressive patter of rain on the windows and thunder rolling in the distance set the ambience in the large kitchen. Ponk was sitting at the table, polishing one of Sam's older tridents, which had begun to rust over the few years of use. He was using a special cleaning solution he created, using lemons and various other ingredients, when the front door creaked open.

An exhausted looking and slightly hunched over Sam entered the house, slowly closing the door behind him while stifling a cough in his elbow. Ponk turned to look at him, concerned,

"Why are you home so early, Sam...? You normally work until late... is everything ok?"

Sam just weakly shook his head, trying to unhook certain parts of his armor to take off, but failing.

Ponk went over and helped Sam take off his armor while noting,

"You don't look too good, are you sick? Do you need soup or anything?"

Sam shrugged, sighing, "I must have gotten sick walking home in the rain last night without a coat, the weather today didn't help much either... but yeah, I don't feel good... my head is killing me, I feel super warm, I'm exhausted, my body aches..."

Ponk frowned, lifting Sam's shirt above his head, "Go lie down in bed, hun. I'll get you a warm blanket and other goodies to help you feel better as soon as possible."

Sam nodded, slowly making his way to their shared bedroom.

Ponk had taken the taller's shirt off to keep him more comfortable and allow easier regulation of body heat. He had done quite a bit of research on hybrids, creeper hybrids especially, just so he could take care of his Sam. Ponk now began to prepare a warm blanket for his lover, throwing a special blanket in the dryer for a few minutes to warm up while he made some lemony tea and grabbed some Vick's.

Once the blanket was done in the dryer, Ponk quickly took it out and rushed it into the bedroom for Sam, who was already under the sheets. Ponk tucked the warm blanket around Sam, layering a few more blankets atop it before heading back out of the room.

Sam closed his eyes as he waited for his lover to return, the headache he had beginning to recede as the warm blanket engulfed his aching body.

Ponk returned shortly after with a cup of tea and a small jar of Vick's, which he set on the bedside table before turning to Sam,

"Honey, do you need anything else while I'm here?"

Sam nodded shyly, "Yeah..."

Ponk smiled softly, "And what might that be?"

Sam paused momentarily, a light blush dusting his face, "...You."

"Aww, Sammy!" Ponk exclaimed before placing a gentle kiss on his forehead,

"You're so sweet..."

Sam smiled, scooting over, "Could you please stay with me, Ponkie? I would feel much better with you here beside me."

Ponk giggled, adjusting his hoodie, "I suppose, my Sammy Wammy. Just let me grab something real quick!"

Sam gave a lopsided smile, showing his gratitude through actions.

Ponk had gone to the living room, grabbing a thick novel, which sat on the living room table, a blue bookmark sticking out of it.

Once he returned, Ponk climbed into the bed with Sam, the latter immediately wrapping his arms around the smaller.

Sam pulled Ponk close to him, resting his head in the crook of his lover's neck, "I love you so much, Ponkie... I dunno what I would do without you..."

Ponk smiled softly, turning to face Sam, "And I love you more, Sammy!!" He then covered Sam's face with gentle kisses, not caring if he got sick as well.

Sam laughed softly, pulling Ponk closer and placing soft kisses on his forehead,

"I love you even more than that, my dear."

The two continued their lighthearted argument, exchanging kisses and affectionate actions before Sam eventually fell asleep in Ponk's arms.

Even though Sam had fallen asleep, Ponk continued to softly sing to him, running his fingers through his lover's hair as he did so,

"But you only need the light when it's burning low, only miss the sun when it starts to snow,"

Ponk gently caressed Sam's face, watching him smile in his sleep,

"Only know you love her when you let her go, only know you've been high when you're feeling low. Only hate the road when you're missing home..."

Ponk paused, appreciating the beautiful man that lay beside him, taking in every inch of him and his gorgeous self. Ponk was so happy he had ended up with Sam, he was so happy he had such a wonderful man to call his love, he was so in awe of the fact that Sam was his.

"...Only know you love her when you let her go..."

Sam had begun to softly snore, his forehead now pressed up against Ponk's shoulder. The smaller male closed his eyes, smiling when Sam unconsciously pulled him closer, holding him tightly.

Ponk had known the creeper hybrid could be clingy, but he had never been this clingy, it was honestly adorable to experience, even if he was being crushed ever so slightly.

Sam had pulled Ponk as close to him as possible, snuggling up to him and emitting a soft purr. He may have been feeling unwell, but he was still strong enough to hold his lover close.