Of All The Stars In The Sky

Warnings: fluff

~~~

As Ponk groggily awoke, he felt a pair of strong arms holding him tightly and warm breath brushing over his neck.

The platinum blonde groaned quietly, trying to carefully and slowly stretch without waking his lover. After he satisfied his waking urge, Ponk carefully rolled over to face the man he loved most, admiring his sleeping features.

Sam slept quietly, his chest rising and falling with each soft breath, and his lips occasionally twitching as he dreamed.

Ponk dreamily studied his lover's face, never wanting to forget the simple expression of bliss or the moments where his lover's brow was neither furrowed with worry nor concentration and anger.

Having a warden for a husband was a lot of work, especially when said husband came home late at night, sometimes covered in fresh wounds and carrying a not so positive attitude with him. But Ponk didn't mind at all, he tended to Sam's wounds without a complaint and then stayed by his side the rest of the night, making sure he was comfortable and relaxed.

Yes, it became bothersome at points, but they both worked through it, apologizing to each other profusely if anything ill tempered were to transpire between them.

Ponk smiled as he admired Sam, mentally tracing his strong jawline and perfect lips, trying to remember the pattern of freckles splashed across his face, and most importantly, daydreaming of the next time those soft lips would be on his and the swirling patterns of freckles would be too close to see.

Ponk was utterly lovesick for the man who lay sleeping beside him, he yearned for his lover's gentle touch and reassurances when he was feeling down, he lived for the sweet and tender moments they shared, and he had been dying to call Sam his husband. It was a relatively sweet circle, all containing things about the man he loved.

Ponk was about close his eyes and cuddle closer to Sam, but the latter's eyes fluttered open before he could do so.

"G'morning..." Sam mumbled, his voice deeper due to going unused for the entirety of the night.

Ponk smiled warmly, "Mornin' Sammy."

They basked in the presence of one another for some time until Sam spoke,

"It's so nice to have you be the first thing I wake up to and see... it's as if I'm the luckiest man alive..."

Ponk blushed a deep red, smiling dorkily,

"Aww, you're too sweet, Sam! But I think you're right... you are the luckiest man alive... because you get to deal with me!"

Ponk playfully sat up and laid partway on top of Sam, attempting to smother him in a hug.

They both burst into laughter, starting a gentle, yet playful, tussle, which Sam won easily by using his strength to dominate the smaller male, who giggled in surrender, tears forming in his eyes from laughing too hard.

"S-Sa-Sammy! S-stop! I'm- I'm gonna-"

Ponk inhaled sharply, laughing even harder than before.

"You're gonna what, piss the bed?" Sam joked, raising a brow playfully.

Ponk just laughed harder, gripping at his stomach and nearly choking on every breath he took.

Sam got off of Ponk and allowed the smaller to regain what composure he could before they decided to get out of bed.

"Sam, you're going to be the death of me." Ponk said, wiping a few stray tears from his eyes.

Sam just smirked, giving Ponk a side eye, which invited him to pounce on Sam, giving him a tight hug. They were both giggling at this point, giving eachother as many hugs and kisses that they could.

After a few more minutes of this, Ponk pulled away, breathing heavily in between laughing fits,

"Ok-! Ok! W-we should go eat!!"

Sam smiled, picking Ponk up bridal style,

"If you say so, my dearest beloved."

Ponk tried to hold back his laughter, but failed miserably due to Sam smiling goofily and making faces.

"I'm so glad that out of all of the people in the world -- out of all of the stars in the sky -- that we found each other."