'Twas But A Dream

Warnings: angst, possible lore spoilers, mentions/descriptions of gore, language warning, torture,

~~~

It hurt. It hurt so much. The pain is unbearable. It hurts...

Sam was sitting in the corner of his room, hugging his knees close to his chest and sobbing, tears streaming down his cheeks like miniature waterfalls.

It was all coming back to torment him, toying with his sanity and threatening to end him.

"Sam, please! I-I'll give the key cards back!! P-please stop!!" Ponk cried, clawing at the glass separating him from his captor, who only looked on with a cold gaze.

The platinum blonde turned his head to look at the encroaching lava before desperately yelling again,

"I'm sorry, Sam!! Please, I mean it! Let me out! Please!!! I'll- I'll give you anything!! AAAAGH, Sam, please!!! Fuck, it burns!!"

Ponk's cries fell on deaf ears as the lava began to overtake him slowly, burning all it touched.

"Sam...! Please! Oh Prime, please!!" The once fearful screams now began to dissolve into sobs, eventually fading into silence as one of Ponk's lives were extinguished.

It was long before the lava had left the room and Ponk had respawned, now with horrible burn scars covering half of his face.

All was silent as the cell door opened.

All was silent as The Warden approached Ponk.

All was silent as Ponk's right hand was held in The Warden's vice-like grip.

All was silent until an ear piercing scream filled the air and a severed hand hit the floor.

'With this hand, I take the love you have given me and betray it tenfold.'

Sam's breath hitched as he relived it all over and over again.

The screams of his former lover, the tears that hit the ground, the expression on Ponk's face...

It hurt. It hurt so much.