Holding On [To Your Love]

Warnings: fluff, angst

~~~

Gentle arms wrapped around his waist, causing the retired warden to melt into the touch, for he knew who held him.

Small fingers gently danced over his abdomen, tracing each and every inch of the muscles that moved with each inhale and exhale. The fingers soon snaked their way upwards, groping around his chest before gently resting on his shoulders.

The gentle hug from behind was enough to cause the stoic man to become a purring mess.

A quiet giggle came from the shorter, who only tightened their grip,

"You're such a big softie, Sammy~!"

The larger male turned in the embrace and returned it, holding the smaller close to him,

"And you're such a shorty, Ponkie!"

With that, Sam tightened the hug and lifted Ponk off the ground, spinning slowly as they both laughed.

Soon, Fran, Sam's wolfdog, ran into the room and began barking due to the couple's shenanigans. This only made them laugh more.

Sam gently set Ponk down before kneeling to eye level with Fran,

"What does Fran want, huh? What does my sweet girl want?"

He gently pet her on the head,

"Do you want some lovin's? Yeah, you want some lovin's, don't ya!!"

Sam kissed Fran's forehead and gave her a gentle hug, Ponk joining in on the dog-lovin' shortly after. Fran absolutely loved the attention.

Once they were done pampering Fran, Sam pulled Ponk into a gentle kiss.

Once they separated, Sam gently picked Ponk up by his thighs and carried him to their shared bedroom, where they now lay in the bed.

Ponk snuggled up close to Sam, wrapping his arms around and holding the latter close.

They softly exchanged sweet words and small gestures, such as holding hands or giving the other a soft kiss on somewhere like the forehead.

It was the little things that meant the most to them.

Sam slowly and gently closed his eyes, reveling in the feeling of being held close by his Ponk, reveling in the feeling of being loved. It was so nice.

It was so nice.

Sam opened his eyes, the bitter cold and harsh realization that Ponk wasn't actually there hitting him like a freight train.

The warden rubbed his eyes, letting out an audible, despairing, groan. He missed Ponk.

As he lay there, tears came to his eyes.

He let them fall, he allowed himself to feel the pain of loss. He allowed himself to relive everything all over again.

It was only healthy to do so.

As he lay there, curled up in a self-hugging, sobbing, ball, he let himself feel all the anger, frustration, pain, guilt, hurt, and many other emotions that came with the events that happened between him and Ponk.

Their romantic past was now nothing more than bittersweet memories and late night feverish dreams.

It hurt.

It hurt..

It hurt...

It. Hurt.