It's Ok

Warnings: fluff, minor angst,

Note: This is more of a quick story to get me back into writing oneshots, I apologize for any poor writing.

~~~

"Sam?" Ponk called, walking down the hall.

"Yes?" Sam replied from the room to Ponk's left.

Ponk smiled softly and entered the room, seeing Sam already changing the sheets on the bed,

"Just wanted to let you know you may want to keep an eye on Fran... she's been a bit irritable today and already nipped me. I'm not sure why she's so upset, but I'm beginning to get worried."

Sam frowned, "Did she draw blood when she nipped you?"

"Yeah, a little, but I'm fine."

Sam sat on the bed and gently patted the material beside him, "C'mere, let me take a look, love."

Ponk complied, taking a seat beside Sam and dramatically unveiling the small bite wound on his left wrist.

"Aww, that don't look too bad, you're lucky. Normally, she bites me pretty hard on accident while playing and it's worse than this- blood everywhere!" He exaggerated the last words, adopting a goofy tone and a grin to match.

The two laughed for a moment, taking the chance to relax a bit.

Before Ponk could get up, Sam gently caressed his cheek with a calloused hand, seemingly mesmerized by the person before him,

"You're so beautiful..."

Ponk blushed, leaning into the touch,

"You're too sweet."

Sam placed a gentle kiss on Ponk's forehead before the platinum blonde could leave. It only made the shorter male's face grow an even darker red.

"A-alright, Sammy! I-I gotta go- uh- c-clean the dishes...? Yeah! I gotta go clean the dishes!!"

Ponk blurted, clearly flustered.

Sam just smiled knowingly, "Have fun."

×

As it grew closer to night fall, Ponk began to feel a little under the weather.

His muscles ached and his head throbbed with a nearly unbearable headache, so Sam put him to bed, taking good care of him.

"You feel a little warm, would you like me to grab a cool washcloth for your forehead?" Sam asked, gently brushing Ponk's hair out of his face.

Ponk just nodded, closing his eyes.

Sam sighed softly, worried for his lover, yet knowing that sickness didn't last forever.

When Sam returned with the washcloth, Ponk was no longer in bed, he was kneeling on the floor by the window, sweat pouring down his now pale frame.

Sam nearly dropped the washcloth in panic and worry, but he managed to get a hold on it before rushing to his lover's side.

"Oh my gosh, Ponk! What happened?!"

Ponk just groaned, letting his head hang as his muscles began to seize in odd ways.

Sam was worried beyond belief, so he began to unbutton Ponk's night shirt to help cool him down and wipe him down with the damp washcloth, but the smaller male stopped him, the full moon outside the window reflecting in his pained eyes.

"S-st-s-" Ponk struggled to speak through gritted teeth, his eyebrows furrowed in pain.

Sam paused, trying to understand what Ponk was saying, but before he could attempt to pine for an answer, his eyes widened.

Ponk's face had begun to grow and stretch, certainly not in a normal fashion, his teeth and ears began to lengthen and come to small points as well. The sound of cracking bones could be heard as the sickly male that had kneeled in front of Sam turned into a horrific freak of nature.

Ponk opened his mouth, trying to let out a scream of agony, but all that came out was a sickly sounding and distorted howl of sorts. Thick blondish-white fur began to cover his body as he transformed into a wolfish looking creature with strawberry red eyes and looks that could kill. Quite literally.

Sam had backed away by now, alarmed and slightly fearful of his safety as his lover transformed into a beast right in front of his eyes.

Once the transformation seized, the creature that was Ponk opened it's mouth, a weak whimpering whine escaping the terrifying jaws.

With ears laid back and tail promptly tucked between it's legs, the creature half crawled-half slid towards Sam, whining softly as if it were submitting to an authoritative figure.

After Sam realized what it was doing, he spoke,

"H-hey... it's ok... I won't hurt you... you're... safe..."

He slowly reached a hand out, petting the face of the beast before him.

The creature leaned into the touch, tail now wagging slightly, yet still tucked between it's legs.

After everything had calmed down a little more, the creature spoke in very broken and distorted english,

"S-Sam... S-safe..."

Sam nodded slightly, still a little nervous, "Yes. You are safe here."

The wolfish creature gave a toothy grin, causing Sam to scoot back a little. The creature then began to sniff around the room, freezing up in front of the mirror with it's hackles raised and tail tucked between it's legs.

In an instant, the creature was cowering behind Sam, whining loudly with large tears rolling down it's face.

Sam turned, feeling bad,

"Hey, you're ok... I'm here... what's wrong...?"

He gently pet the beast, awaiting an answer.

"M-monster... I... Monster... I monster...! Ponk... Monster..."

Sam's face softened as he realized the creature in front of him was still his lover beneath all that fur, and not some bloodthirsty beast.

"Ponkie... you're not a monster... You're not a monster and never will be..."

He opened his arms invitingly,

"Come here, love."

Ponk tentatively approached Sam, shrinking down and hiding his face in his lover's chest.

Soft whines escaped Ponk's throat as he wrapped his long arms around Sam and pulled him closer.

Sam hugged Ponk tightly, rubbing his back,

"You'll never be a monster in my eyes. You'll always be my beloved lemon boy, don't ever forget that."

With that, Sam placed a gentle kiss on the top of Ponk's head, causing the werewolf to wag his tail.

Maybe not all werewolves were inherently evil and violent?

Sam and Ponk were about to find out.