I'll Be Your Hero!

[ Song: Bleach OST - Soundscape to Ardor ]

Tomoyo's View

I ran away from the funeral sight, causing a collective amount of gasps and whispers to ring out throughout the crowd circling Hideki's casket. They were talking about me, saying how rude it was of me to be leaving at this moment. I bit my lip and hung my head as I ran. If only they knew what I was going through. If only they knew the things I went through. Then maybe they would accept my sudden departure from the funeral.

It wasn't my fault.

As tears fell from my purple eyes, I started to think about my current situation. Maybe, just maybe if I hadn't have killed Iada I would be okay. The Host Club would be talking to me. Everyone would be talking to me like normal. They wouldn't be treating me like they are now; like a monster. I choked back sobs and I stumbled while running, I fell to the ground. My knees scraped against the hard pavement and my arms stung.

Sitting up, I pulled my knees to my chest and cried my heart out while pulling at my hair every few seconds. "Why, why? What did Tomo do?!" I cried, wincing at the pain in my arms and knees.

I hugged my knees tightly, "Tomo did nothing wrong, she knows it... She did nothing. Tomo's a good girl..." I muttered under my breath, rocking back and forth while muttering those words over and over again.

I stayed in my current position and cried like that for a while, maybe for ten minutes or so. That was until the sound of footsteps reached my ears, I jumped in shock at the sudden sound. Someone's here! My first instinct was to get up and hide, and that's just what I did. I ran and hid behind some bushes, crouching down low so no one would see me. A group of people walked past the bushes I took shelter in for the time being. I watched them all walk by. The funeral must be over. They're most likely heading home now.

Then there they were, trailing at the end of the funeral line stood the Host Club members along with Miku and Ko. They were talking very loudly for being at a funeral. I clicked my tongue, and they thought I was the rude one here. Just looked at them... I watched them as they passed by me in their black clothing, seeming not to notice my presence in the bushes. Right as I was about to get out to show them a piece of my mind, someone had to say something very, very hurtful.

"I can't believe Tomoyo actually ran off midway during the funeral, she didn't even pay her respects towards Hideki! He died because of her, she could have at least went up to the podium and apologized for her damn mistakes!" Miku shouted, causing the Host Club to look at her in confusion, but some of them had those faces that clearly showed they agreed with her. "After all, she is the reason he's dead now! It's all her fault!"

My heart stung at those words; her speech. She... She really thought I was the problem here, they all did. I grimaced. I didn't mean to get him killed, I really didn't! It was his choice to come save me, to try and find me. I think the risks were pretty clear. I-I never asked for them to come and throw their lives away for me. Standing up, I glared at them through the bushes, my fists shaking in anger.

"I agree with Miku..." Haru-chan said, twiddling with her fingers.

Are you all going to side with Miku?

"Yeah, I agree with Haru-chan." Honey-nii stated boldly, stepping up with Miku and Haruhi.

Now that really hurt. It was my long lost brother saying that, the one I love and care deeply for.

"Nii-san...y-you betrayed me." I growled out, walking out from the bushes. "I hate you!"

Running away from the scene, I managed to get away unnoticed by any of the Hosts or the others. Not without having someone catch me leave, watching my blonde hair sway behind me as I ran away from the scene.