People With Hatred

A/N: I would just like to thank you all for the amazing feedback from the previous chapter! I cannot believe how many of you really enjoyed all the rivalry and drama. Thank you all so much for being fantastic readers!

Question: Do you guys like the new cover? I made it look a bit "darker" to fit with the story. I, myself, wasn't expecting the story to turn down a dark path. Haha.

♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡

[ Three Days Later ]

Kaoru's View

I glanced down at Tomoyo who was currently resting against my chest. She fell asleep on our way to her house; the house where I would be living in from now on. It wasn't my choice, but hers. Tomoyo felt like if I was by her side, she'd be safe from any more danger. This was something I couldn't really agree with. Anywhere we went, we were in deep danger. Mainly Tomoyo, however.

In the past two days, I've been in several arguments with members from the Host Club. One of them being Hikaru. He still doesn't understand that what I said to him three days ago was absolutely true. I was going to act like we knew nothing of one another. We honestly don't at this point. He couldn't even see that I was in pain at the fact he was hating on my girlfriend. He's too selfish to see that I love her with all my heart, it seems.

I sighed and glanced out the window as I snaked my arms around Tomoyo's waist, pulling her closer to me. And to think that Honey is siding with Hikaru. It pisses me off that he brushed his sisters feelings aside like they mean nothing to him! He was the one who complained for almost a year about his missing sister, how me missed her so much and he would do anything to get her back. Look at him now. What happened to his small goal of cherishing the time he now had with his long lost sister? What a brother he is...

Still, that's not the only problem. The Host Club - mainly Hikaru, Honey, and Mori - are still trying to put Tomoyo into custody. They won't quit until they get what they want. This drama has been spreading like a plague. They even managed to get Mori to side with them, Mori! They managed to get Mr. Silent type into this mess!

"God dammit, Hikaru. You just won't give up, will you?" I hissed quietly to myself.

Tomoyo started to shift around, clenching onto my shirt as she did so. She let out a small groan and rubbed her eyes as she slowly woke up from her slumber. I smiled softly. All my worries pushed aside just like that.

I leaned down and kissed her head, "Good afternoon, sleeping beauty." I whispered, jokingly.

Tomoyo looked up at me with a blush, "H-Hi..." She muttered shyly, kissing my cheek quickly.

She wrapped her arms around me and buried her face in my chest, inhaling loudly. I rose an eyebrow at this.

"You smell so good, Kaoru-kun." She breathed out in content.

I laughed, "Thanks, Tomo. I only smell this good for you." I flirted.

She punched my shoulder lightly and laughed along with me. Now that she was away from the Host Club, she was really opening up to me again. She's her usual bubbly self, exactly how she was when I first met her. She was back.

Of course, she did have her moments where she would be very serious and rant on about her killing Iada like a mad woman. She still hasn't got over that. I guess that's understandable though, she did kill someone. It's not like she wanted to, she had to. It was a life or death situation and I understand that very well unlike the others guys and some others in school.

Ko and Miku are probably the only ones who are siding with Tomoyo and I. Tamaki, Haruhi and Kyoya are basically spectators, neither of them knew what to do in a situation like this.

I sighed and leaned my head back, staring out the window. My eyes flew open at what I saw.

"Hey, Tomoyo. Is that..." I trailed off in shock.

"My house..." She gasped in horror.

There were several people with pitchforks and torches surrounding her house. I gasped loudly.

"No way! What are they doing around your house?" I asked in confusion.

She shook her head, "Tomo doesn't know why they're at her house, Kaoru-kun..." She answered. Tomoyo turned to the driver and gave him some orders, "Wakame-san, I need you to drive away from the crowd surrounding my house. If they see us- me, who knows what they'll do to you guys. Tomo can't have her precious friends get hurt!"

Wakame, the driver, nodded in understanding, "Yes, Lady Tomoyo." He replied, turning the car around.

The crowd never spared a glance at us. They continued to wave the pitchforks and torches in their hands around while shouting things. I gulped and glanced at Tomoyo. I want to open the window and hear the things they're saying, but I don't want her to hear them.

I sighed, "Tomoyo..." I said.

"Yes, Kaoru-kun?" She asked softly.

I glanced out the window, "I want you to cover you ears and hum, alright? For me?" I told her.

She nodded and did as I told. She raised her hands to her ears and covered them while humming softly to herself. I smiled and ruffled her hair.

"Thanks Tomoyo." I muttered, reaching over and lowering the window slightly.

I was now able to hear their chants very clearly.

"Monster!"

"Come out you murderer!"

"Burn her house down!"

"These rich people won't get away with murder!"

I flinched. These bastards...they don't understand what she went through! How can they say all these things without even knowing what happened to her before to know why she did what she did! These...- I clenched my teeth together. I should teach these people a thing or two for saying such things without evidence or any proof!

"Wakame-san, please close my window. Thank you." I said.

He did as I ordered and drove off, leaving Tomoyo's house behind. I looked down to see Tomoyo humming to herself and nodding her head every few seconds. I smiled softly. I guess she really got into it.

I grabbed her hands and pulled them away from her ears. Immediately, her eyes snapped open and she looked at me in bewilderment.

"I thought..." She started.

I kissed her forehead and hugged her, "You don't have to do that anymore. We're away from your house." I whispered into her soft, blonde locks of hair.

"You're safe with me."