Sibling Love At Its Finest

A/N: This fanfic of mine will most likely be coming to an end soon. I've already planned most of it, but I'll do my best to wrap it up and call it that.

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

Kaoru's View

I hugged the living daylights out of my brother. I couldn't actually believe that they came all this way to help Tomoyo. Forget about me for a second, they wanted to help Tomoyo after all that she's supposedly done!

"H-Hikaru, thank you!" I shouted into his shoulder, my words muffling a bit. A few tears cascaded down my cheeks and onto his shoulder.

"H-Hey, stop it, Kaoru!" Hikaru whispered, trying to push me off him. I looked at him to see his face stained a light pink.

I smirked at this. Standing up straight, I put a frown on my face and looked him straight in the eye.

"Oh, o-okay... I'm sorry. I'll leave you a-alone." I said, walking away and back to Tomoyo.

"Wait! Please... We need to talk about her." He exclaimed as I was walking off towards Tomoyo. "Alone..."

I froze on spot. What did he need to talk about at this time? He came here to rescue Tomoyo, didn't he?! I turned around and glared at Hikaru.

"What do you need to talk about, hm?" I asked, walking towards him. When were were chest to chest, I grabbed a hold of his shirts collar. "Whatever you have to say about my girlfriend, you'll say it right here with all these people around us."

Hikaru glared back weakly. Scoffing, he walked off and shook his head at me. I merely watched him pretty much walk out of my life.

"Fine then. We'll talk about this some other time, Kaoru. Come to the Host Club later on today." He stated.

I frowned at his next words.

"And don't bring Tomoyo with you."

I turned around and continued to make my way to Tomoyo. The paramedics around me gave me a look that said 'is-it-alright-for-us-to-do-our-job?'. I sighed and raised my hand in the air.

"I need paramedics to go down that hill and check on Tomoyo, the girl who is currently down there! Make it quick!" I ordered.

The paramedics rushed down to Tomoyo, complying to my orders. I stood on the edge of the hill, looking down at the paramedics rush over to her.

I'm sorry Hikaru, but it looks like those days of us being by each others side has come to an end. I won't be falling to your feet for help, or crying in your arms anymore. No, those days are over. Now, I'm sticking by Tomoyo's side.

I won't let you touch her.

~*~

After Tomoyo was finished getting checked up in the hospital. The doctors wanted to gave a small discussion with me outside of her hospital room.

"Mr. Hitachiin?" He asked me, looking down at the clipboard he was holding.

"Yeah, that's me." I said.

He took a step closer to me and turned around, slowly closing Tomoyo's door. I guess this was something he didn't want her to hear.

He looked around for a few seconds before turning back to me, "It's about your friend." He said.

"Girlfriend," I said, correcting him. I sighed and scratched my nose, "And I know that, I assumed it was about her. Everything has been lately."

The doctor shifted around nervously, almost as if he didn't want to tell me anything now. Something was wrong here. What exactly did he need with Tomoyo?

I rose an eyebrow, "What do you want with her...?" I asked, shooting daggers at him with my glare.

He sighed and slumped down a little, "We have been given orders from your brother to take your girlfriend into custody." He stated quietly.

My mouth fell open, "Wh-What?! For what reason!" I shouted angrily.

He clenched his teeth and cleared his throat, "For murder." He said.

"Murder?" I whispered, a small chuckle building up in my throat. "Murder? Since when did Tomoyo murder anyone? From what I can remember, it's called self defense. You know that as well."

He simply ignored my words and handed me a paper. I snatched it out of it his hand and read it. It was basically asking me for permission to do what they thought was right - sending Tomoyo to prison. I crumbled up the paper in anger and tossed it at his face

"How... How dare you treat my girlfriend like she's some toy we can send off! She never murdered anyone, she protected herself!" I yelled.

Tomoyo was being falsely accused. She killed Iada out of self defense, nothing more nothing less. I'll protect her with my life. She's misunderstood.

"That's not what our sources say." He said, almost as if he didn't mean for me to hear that.

I stared at him, "Who might those sources be?" I asked him, causing him to jump in shock.

He coughed, clearing his throat. "I cannot say." He said.

I walked over to him and grabbed his collar, pulling him down to my height. I bared my teeth at him, "I hope you know that you're messing with a Hitachiin here, one of the richest families around. I will have you know that I'll do anything in my power to bring you misery." I spat.

He gulped and nodded, complying with my threats. He took a shaky breath and let it out.

"Hikaru Hitachiin and Mitsukuni Haninozuka."

My heart stopped beating for a second. I was waiting for him to change his mind and say he made a mistake. Sadly, it wasn't like that.

Impossible, both of our siblings were against us...

A picture of Honey and Haiku grinning madly appeared in my head.

Why?

_______________