Host Club Takes Action!

Kaoru's View

Tomoyo was shaking tremendously in her sleep. I frowned at the sight of her flinching in pain and whimpering out in audible words. Tomoyo... I sighed, hoping she'd get better soon. I called the paramedics a half and hour ago, but they still haven't arrived. While doing so, I didn't tell them that this whole thing was a suicide attempt. I was too afraid too. I lied to them, telling them that she fell off the side of the cliff right beside the bridge. It was the only thing I could think of at the moment. It was the most believable thing, anyways.

I stumbled over to the little River that was flowing rapidly from beneath the bridge. I needed to collect water for Tomoyo's fever she currently had. I kneeled down and cupped my hands in the water, bringing it to my lips. I greedily drank the water. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle at that moment.

"I can already imagine Tamaki and Hikaru yelling at me for getting so dirty, maybe even for drinking water from a river." I muttered to myself, smiling softly at the image. I sighed sadly, "I really miss them, even after its been a week or so since they properly talked to me."

When I finished grabbing a decent amount water, I took the chance to rip a piece of my shirt off. I soaked the shirt in the cool water. Now I had something to cool Tomoyo down. I walked over to her and placed it down in her forehead gently. She grimaced at the sudden touch of the cold water, but almost immediately, Tomoyo relaxed.

"N-No...stop!" She screamed, causing me to jump in shock.

Why was she screaming? Maybe she was having a nightmare. I furrowed my eyebrows together and stared down at her as she kicked and shook her head back and forth rapidly. This couldn't be a normal nightmare, normally they wouldn't cause this much stress on the person having it.

I grabbed her shoulder and shook, "Tomoyo, wake up..." I muttered out, worry filling me. She continued to flail around helplessly. "Tomoyo! ...Tomo!"

She groaned in pain, "D-Dai, stop it!" She exclaimed, her legs going still against the ground.

I watched in horror. Why...why was she thinking if Dai? Didn't he ruthlessly rape her when she was younger? Then, she released another scream.

"STOP IT PLEASE!"

My heart was shattering each time I heard her scream in pain and in fear. I couldn't do anything to help her, but try to wake her up. If only I had been there for her when she was younger, then she wouldn't have to live through the memories of that incident in her nightmares. I shook her harder, but she still wouldn't budge.

"Tomoyo, wake up!" I shouted.

As I began to shout, I could hear more shouting. But this wasn't coming from Tomoyo, it was from someone else. I searched for the person shouting as well. I couldn't tell why they were yelling in the first place. It was making me uncomfortable hearing all this ear piercing screams.

"Kaoru!"

I gasped and my ears perked at this voice, I knew who it was! I could recognize it!

I took a glance at Tomoyo, my lip stinging at how hard I was biting down on it. She'd be okay by herself for a few seconds, right? I frowned. I have to leave her... This could be the help we need. I can't really contact anyone at the moment. My phone died after the call with the police and paramedics. I sighed

"I'll be back, I promise." I said, nodding to myself. "...I love you."

I ran up the hill, following the shouts that called out for me.

"Who's there?!" I shouted back, panting softly. I stood there, half way up the hill that led to the road.

A person came into sight, but the sun was shining down so brightly, I was blinded. I held my hands over my eyes and squinted in order to see the person calling me. My eyes widened and I gasped in shock. I was beyond dumbfounded. It...- Was it really them? I swear, if Tomoyo wasn't below the bridge, screaming her heart out, I would have probably fell to my knees and cried.

I forced a smirk onto my lips as I stared into hazel eyes, ones just like my own. "It's nice to have your help, Hikaru." I stated.

He smirked back, but I could tell he was pretty down. "Yeah, same." He muttered.

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him closer to me, "So, where's...-? No, um, why are you here?" I asked, changing my question.

He reached into his pocket and showed me his phone. There was a map on the screen and a small, red dot growing and beeping. I rose an eyebrow at him.

"You...you tracked me?" I asked him, mock anger laced in my voice. "You tracked me?!"

He bit his lip, as he looked off to the side, "Yeah..." He mumbled out, "Look, I didn't mean to, but we had to for your own safe-"

I bursted out laughing. I threw my hands around my brother and squeezed the living daylights out of him. I was happy, really happy. He saved Tomoyo's life.

"What's wrong, Kaoru? Did I say something? Why are you crying!" He asked me a billion questions, "If it's because of the whole tracking thing, l-look, I'm sorry!"

I shook my head, smacking my hand over his mouth to shut him up as I cried in joy. "Shut up, baka. I'm not mad at you, I'm actually h-happy. You s-saved our lives." I stammered out.

He titled his head to the side in confusion, "Our lives? What do you mean by that?" He asked.

I pulled him towards the edge of the bridge. I pointed underneath, "Look, down there. Tomoyo's there. I managed to follow her and...well, knocked her out." I lied again.

He grinned, "That's great! That means we can call of the search party for her seeing that she's here with you." He said, looking over his shoulder.

I went on my tip toes to look over his shoulder. What I saw made me gawk.

"Hey, Ko! I found him and Tomoyo! Can you call Kyoya and inform him about what happened? And while you're at it, ask him to bring some paramedics, asap!" He shouted to Ko.

The Host Club...they, they were there.

My eyes watered even more, making it difficult for me to see. Hikaru turned back to me with a giant grin on his face.

"We got this." He said, "I'll always be here for you, brother. I'm not losing you now."

I smiled, my lip trembling, "Hikaru..."

Thank you...