Holding My Hand Out For You

[ Music: I Need A Hero - Jennifer Saunders ]

Kaoru's View

I chased after Tomoyo, running as quickly as I possibly could go. I wasn't going to let her slip out of my hands. No, I'll save her from do something she'll regret later. I'll be the hero she needs in her life. I won't allow myself to lose someone as magnificent as Tomoyo now. She deserves so much more in life then sadness. She deserves to be a happy girl; my happy girl.

Narrowing my eyes on determination, I took notice of the path she was taking. I may not be the most observant guy in the world, but I do know that the way she's running leads straight towards a bridge. This bridge is also know for the number of teenagers going to it for the so called 'help' it gives them. If she's heading here, then I think I know exactly what's she thinking of doing. I can't let her do such a thing! I won't let it happen...! I c-can't...

Tomoyo took another turn, then another one. I furrowed my eyebrows together, not enjoying the fact she was going to pull a dumb stunt. She was going the correct way at first, until we came face-to-face with a group of police officers chatting away outside. Tomoyo seemed to notice them, I clicked my tongue and then before I know it, she took a sharp left, straying away from the path I assumed she was going to at first.

The amount of time I was putting towards rescuing her; the amount of effort I was going through just to save her was more than I thought I could ever give in my life. I shouldn't have said those few words a while back. I can still remember the horrible things I said that day, the day all this drama started.

"Kaoru, stop saying such things! Go back with your girlfriend Tomo and shut up!" Hikaru shouted.

I scoffed, "Why should I go with her? She's nothing to me!" I shouted back.

I didn't know she was standing there, if I did, I-I... I wouldn't have said that in the first place! She was at the wrong place at the wrong time, that's all. None of the words that came out of my mouth were true. Hikaru just happened to push my buttons a little too much about me liking Haruhi, then...I lost it. I said some stupid things just to make him angry. Turns out I angered the wrong person.

The sudden scream from a girl - one that sounded much to similar to Tomoyo's - brought me back to my senses. I shook my head right as Tomoyo leaped over a car that was about to crash into her. Clenching my teeth in agitation, I mentally cussed Honey-senpai out for teaching her to have very good reflexes. But then again, I was grateful beyond belief that she wasn't hit by the car.

I bit my lip in annoyance, "Tomoyo!" I shouted, causing her to slightly stumble as she ran. I guess she was pretty shocked to hear my voice after all the things I have done. "Stop running, please!"

I know for a fact she heard me. Her fingers twitched like they wanted to be in my grasp. I smiled softly. So she did notice me. She's just playing dumb. Knowing that my presence wasn't going unnoticed by her made me more determined to save her. The longer we ran, the more pain was aching throughout my legs. She was a runner, and a good one at that. I was starting to grow worried at the sudden change of scenery. Where the hell were we?!

Tomoyo slowed down to a slow jogging pace. I copied her and followed behind her as quietly as I could. I was a panting mess. She walked around a serious of trees and as I followed her, I noticed where we were at.

We were standing on a bridge. A really large one at that. It was pretty high above the water. My eyes snapped wide open as Tomoyo walked over to the edge and climbed on top of the railing. Please Tomoyo, stop ignoring me already! Turn around and face me, hit me all you want. Just please, please don't do what I know you're going to do! All I could do was watch her in fear seeing I was glue to the ground. I couldn't bring myself to move. 

She took a few more steps and there she was, standing tall and proud on the ledge of the railing. A few more inches and she would most likely fall to her death, if not that way, she'd drown. She spread her arms out. A sudden breeze caused her hair to sway in the wind wildly.

I took a step, then another, and another before I was sprinting her way. "No! Tomoyo, don't!" I yelled frantically, watching her turn around to face me.

Her eyes shut slowly. I watched her plump lips form a smile and she muttered out a few words for me to hear over the winds intensity.

"I'm sorry."

I shook my head, tears pricking the corner of my eyes, "No!" I screamed, running at her, my hand stuck out for her to grab a hold of.

She leaned back and before I knew it, she was falling. I leaned over the railing, my hand still stuck out for her.

"Tomoyo..." I gritted out, clenching my fists tightly as I shook in anger. "I'm not giving up just yet!"

I then did something I thought I wasn't capable of. I climbed onto the railing and looked down, my eyes burning with determination.

We're not done here.

I took a deep breath and jumped, reaching my hand out for Tomoyo who was a few feet below me.

If you're going to die, at least let me go with you.

Sadly...that's not the case.

I'm the hero, you're the princess.

I'll save you no matter what it costs.