Special Chapter: First Date?! Pt.2

Kaoru's View

"Tomo, since your brother and cousin locking you up in your room wouldn't that mean the only way out is through the window?" I asked, confirming my prediction.

She nodded and walked towards her bed. "It does, gomen Kaoru. Our date is already starting off badly..." She whispered, her voice laced with pure sadness.

Frowning, I walked over to her and patted her head softly. "You shouldn't worry about that so much. Our date has yet to begin." I said, turning her face towards me.

There was a frown on her face, sighing I pecked her lips softly. "Don't worry so much, my princess." I whispered.

She smiled happily, her enthusiasm started to come back to her. Finally, my beloved Tomo didn't need to worry no longer. She could be happy without a doubt in the world, even if it was just for today. I walked over to her bed and grabbed her purse, gently handing it to her.

"Now then, we should start heading out. We wouldn't want your brothers to catch us leaving the house without permission." I mused, winking over at her.

Tomoyo blushed and ran to the window ready to leave. Clearing her throat she motioned towards the window and ladder I happened to bring with me. Walking over, I looked out the window at the ground.

"I'll go down first, then you'll come down. Alright?" I asked.

She nodded, "Got it, Kaoru-kun!"

I smiled. "Good." I said.

With that, I stepped out the window. I placed my leg in the first step then did so with the other leg. After that was down I made my way down the ladder easily with no problems whatsoever. I hopped onto the ground, and then looked up at Tomoyo who seemed to be shocked at the height. I raised an eyebrow. Was she afraid of heights?

"Tomo, you can start to make your way down now. As far as I'm concerned, the ladder is pretty sturdy and useable!" I shouted, cupping my hands around my mouth to make my voice loud enough for her to hear.

Tomoyo stuck her head a bit further and squeaked. I sighed. So she must be afraid of heights. I guess we just might have to conquer this fear today.

"Tomo, don't worry. Just step on the ladders first steps or so and make your way down the rest of it slowly! I'm here, too." I shouted.

"O-Okay! I'm co-coming d-down then!" She shouted back, stepping out the window onto the ladder.

My stomach began to knot. I had a bad feeling. Just as Tomoyo was about to take another step down, I noticed that one particular bar was cracked. My eyes flew open. How was it cracked?' I know for a fact that I did not step on any of them too hard, none of them should even be breaking! Tomo!

"Tomo!" I shouted, hurriedly. "Be careful! Watch you step!"

"What?" She shouted back, stepping onto the cracked bar. "I couldn't hear you-!"

It broke.

"Ahhh! Help!! Kaoru!" She yelled.

She was slowly falling to the ground, and I ran to her in seconds like my life depended on it. Though, it was her life at stake.

"Kaoru!" She screamed.

"Shh! I'm right underneath you. I'll catch you! Trust me!" I yelled, waiting for her to fall in my open arms.

I heard a reply. 'Hurry, please.' That was all the motivation I needed. I looked up with determination. I'll save you, my princess! Don't you worry! I caught her and skidded back a bit with the impact, my legs wobbled till they gave up on me and collapsed.