chapter 2

The sun was rising, letting go it's warm rays as they shined through the split section in the mistress' purple curtains. A knock came from the door and an emotionless Kira came in. She made her way around the bed and towards the curtains, her poster straight and elegant as she carried her orders swiftly.

"Good morning mistress Jocelyn." Kira said opening the curtains with her hands (Grim: well how else is she going to open the curtains?) and letting the bright sun flood the room with its glow.

Jocelyn grumbled at the light and pulled her dark brown covers over her head in distaste over the bright light. She groaned again as Kira pulled the covers gently off of her body.

"Today you have to attend your singing lessons at nine thirty and at one you'll have a meeting with an earl with the name of Ciel Phantomhive." Kira informed her pouring in the warm sweet tea into the spotless tea cup designed with delicate pink little flowers.

"Ciel?" Jocelyn said wondering why the name sounded so familiar, after a while of pondering a thought finally surfaced. "Oh, he's the boy in the burning house, feels like him and myself have more than enough things in common."

Nodding in respect Kira changed Jocelyn gently, after she finished she handed Jocelyn her tea and started to tie her mistress' bow. She slipped on a pair of red heels that went well with the red dress.

"How do you know my name?" Jocelyn asked randomly as they walked into the dinning room.

"How mistress?" Kira responded with a bow.

"Yes how, didn't you hear me? I don't remember giving you my name."

"My apologies, I was just comfirming your question, to answer it my kind will receive every part of your information once we make the contract official, so it wouldn't matter if you gave it to me or not, as well you did gave me your name last night, I believe you have a bit of a short term memory loss from all the smoke." Kira said matter of factly.

"Interesting, then how old am I?"

"19, but you hate being that age so you tell every one your older, knowing that people will show you the respect you want and not see to treat you like a child." Kira responded smoothly.

Jocelyn cracked a smile and sat down with a chuckle.

"Might I ask what's so amusing my lady?"

"Yes you may, I was just thinking over the fact that you demons are so amusing."

Can't wait to eat the child Kira thought.

Responding Kira said. "How so?"

"Well, since you bind yourselves to a contract, serve the humans your with, only to survive on the souls when your finished."

Kira didn't respond only nodded, at that moment a maid came in with a shy smile and set down a plate of wonderful smelling curry.

Jocelyn placed her nose over the aroma and smelled deeply, she moaned at the scent in delight and smiled as she took a spoon full of the curry into her mouth. Her eyes widen at the delicious taste.

"This is amazing, not even my cook can make such delicious dishes, who made this?" She asked taking another spoon full.

"I did my lady." Kira said bowing in Thanks.

"Well at least something good comes out of a creature like you." She said rudely.

"Thank you mistress"

A verbally abusive master. Kira thought with an inward sigh.

Kira's P.O.V

The day went by slowly, especially when I was the one to teach her how to sing, she would slap me occasionally when I told her she was doing it wrong. Although the slap didn't do anything, not even a pinch to the skin, I was getting quite annoyed with the way she was treating the 3 servants. She could do anything to me but at least leave the human servants alone, she already has me to take her anger out. Why add another?

This is why I despise humans very much.

I was excused from her side when she told me to leave her sight. I walked around and made sure that the servants were doing their job. But strangely enough I felt eyes on me, and their power was quiet high. Maybe a noble from my world? Doubt it, they hate even being near humans, a knight? At the sudden realization I looked out a window I felt the gaze from and glared at some faint eyes that were looking at me, the feeling was gone as well as the eyes.

Continuing my first action I went to the garden first and found Anna, she's the gardener and keeps the flowers and roses healthy and looking beautiful.

I smiled inwardly at her appearance, she looked so happy outside, I picked her out of an abusive family. On her spare time she would get into many fights on the streets and take the money of the man that wanted to sleep with her. But they would end up dead.

Her hair was a dark brown, making it seem slightly maroon under the bright sun. Her skin was tanned, and was covered with faint scars, she stood about 5'2 while I was 5'6. Her eyes a very dark brown as well. She noticed me and smiled my way, I nodded at her and left her to her wonderland. I then headed to the kitchen and saw our cook Sakura, she was running around all over the kitchen with a concentrated look.

I picked her up from a scientist facility, she was one of the scientist, but soon she realized she was being used to create humanly enhanced weapons. She quit and not even three hours later her house was blown up. Apparently the others didn't want her to leak any information. I took her out of the burning house and placed her with a spoon in the kitchen. Soon enough she was cooking well, she told me she always wanted to be a cook. The only problem was is that she could only cook very spicy foods. She has very pretty, blue hair going short to her shoulders her hair was clipped back and she was short about 4'll, her skin was pale like a snowy day as her eyes were a strange green. She seemed to feel my presence and looked back at my direction with a little squeal.

"You scared me miss Kira." Sakura said with her hand over her heart trying to slow down her rapid heart beat, I nodded at her for the good job she's doing.

I walked out and was about to look for Uta when I bumped into him in the hall way.

"Oops sorry miss Kira, I didn't see you there." Uta said with a slight blush of embarrassment.

He had a somewhat punk look and had a row of piercings going up both of his ears, and a piercing on his bottom left lip. He smiled down at me, he would be the tallest in the entire manor, 6'4, his hair was pitch (~AN~ lol at first it said bitch black!) black and was slightly long. His eyes were a consuming green and he was quite handsome for a human. I picked him up from a gang after his parents were killed in front of him. He was so mad that he became a rebel and went to join a gang, only for them to betray him and almost kill him, that was until I stepped in after he killed them all in a rage. The only thing he needed was reassurance that no one will ever leave him.

I nodded at him, not saying a single word. Then looked around him seeing everything spotless. I nodded at him and headed back toward the mistress' office. I knocked twice and waited for a responce. "Come in." She said her faint voice clear to my demon ears. I twisted the door knob and bowed towards her direction.

"Sorry for interrupting you my lady, I was wondering if you would like a treat." I said standing straight.

"What kind of treat?" She said her eyes brightening in a childish demeanor.

"Anything you want milady." I said looking anywhere instead of her eyes.

"Well I would like a small strawberry pastry with fresh strawberries on top." She ordered as she wrote some things down in her paper work.

"Right away milady." I said walking out and going straight to the kitchen.

"Hello again miss Kira." Sakura said with a smile, a smudge of powder on her cheek.

"Clean your face and go help the other two, I will be taking over the kitchen for a while, I will make some pastries for everyone." I said tieing an apron around my waist.

"Well then I'll see you in a couple of hours." She said as she skipped out of the kitchen and looking for work to do.

I nodded and turned to the kitchen.

Let's get cooking. I  thought with a sigh.

(~A/N edit complete~)