chapter 25

"Grell?" Kira said her face adjusting from the shock, "What the hell?! You know how much trouble it is to scrub away all the blood you have shed, not to mention the new staff I will need to get!" She said in rage.

"Please shut up" Grell said, his eyes turning hard as he stared at his target, he didn't mean to sound harsh towards her, he just needed to get his head in the game.

All three stood in front of Ciel, not letting him even see the young soon to be demon earl.

"I apologies but the young lord isn't expecting visitors right now, maybe you should come back another day" Sebastian said with his usual smirk. In a flash he pierced Sebastian with a hidden dagger.

Ciel gasped, watching his butler being stabbed; apparently he wasn't even the target. "Because of you my dear Kira has to spend her life with you forever, do us a favor and die!" He shouted as he deepened the strike.

Sebastian pushed him off as he placed pressure on his wound. "You alright?" Kira said as she looked at her beloved with concern in her eyes.

"Yes, just a scratch" he said with his trademark smirk.

"Just a scratch? Just a cratch?!" Grell said in rage as he fought Sebastian with blinding rage, making the reaper stronger. "How dare you think I would barely even wound you".

"Take it as a compliment, most of your kind couldn't even make me bleed".Sebastian moked.

"Shut up!!" Grell shrieked as he slashed wildly, trying to land a blow, but each one keeps getting dondged.

"You should know that your kind shouldn't even feel towards us demons" Sebastian said as he blocked with his knife and struck, his blade scratching Grell's face.

"My kind doesn't mean anything to me, I have never fallen in love with anyone before" he began as his eyes met with the beautiful green orbs of Kira. He broke eye contact once he was nicked with a sharp knife again on the arm. "But when I saw her that day when I was depressed that I was going to fail the shinigami exams, she cheered me up. I was determined to become a reaper and then we would live together for ever"

"Grell" Kira said, her eyed widen by the way he talked about her.

"How pathetic" Sebastian cut in as he stabbed Grell and jumped back blocking again.

"That's it!" Grell snapped, taking out a very familiar purple demon sword out from a secret compartment in his regular black suit.

He aimed the sword directly at Sebastian as he went forwards blocking any escape the demon had. But something got it the way. A certain black haired queen, the sword impaled Kira deep inside of her. Catching everyone off guard.

"Kira!" Sebastian said as he held her close to him after Grell stumbled back in shock. He dropped the knife, not knowing what to do next.

"I - I didn't mean it - I" Grell stuttered shocked.

"How dare you!" Luke said in rage, his true form coming out slightly as he opened a portal into his kingdom, calling some of his guards.

"Take this reaper and put him in the dungeon" Luke said in rage. "I'll deal with him later" he said as he dragged a still shocked reaper away.

Luke turned back to his daughter as he knelt down.

"Kira" Sebastian said soothing her paling mate.

"You were going to get hit" she said with a weak smile. Ciel turned away, his eyes stinging from the incoming tears, for the past couple of months he has been getting attached to Kira, seeing her as a mother figure.

"I could have taken it" Sebastian said.

"There was something else on it, something fatal cloaking it, ... deadly to demons." She said her eyes starting to close slowly.

"No, don't close your eyes, stay with me" Sebastian paniced, never in his decades of living has ever felt useless, beside the moment with the boxes. This time he knew he couldn't do anything, his future wife was dieing in his arms and letting it happen.

"Help her" Ciel's voice came through in a whisper, Sebastian only shook his head in responce.

"Help her" he said it a bit louder, "HELP HER!" he snapped as Sebastian only shook his head, he turned to see his master crying, a look of emptiness showed again for the second time, just like the night he lost everything for good. "Please" he finished with a whisper.

"My lord, I am amazing at everything I do, you command it and I do it with easy... but this command, is more than me. I am not one hell of a butler" he said as he turned back once he saw Luke comforting Ciel with a bug warm hug.

"My love" Kira said with a pant. All attention turned towards her. "Stay strong, we'll be together in our next life"

"I don't want the next life, I - I want this life to be with you" he said with tears streaming down his handsome face.

"Do not cry" she said as she took a breath of air "father" she said as she saw her father come to view. "Don't do anything to Grell".

"But he-"

"He was my friend, he didn't mean to hurt me, and if you Jill him then you will have a war on your hands with the reapers. Let him go this one time" she said as she saw her father nod reluctantly.

"Ciel" she said seeing Ciel was at her side without a single moment to be missed.

"Y - Yes?" He said with a look of sadness and rage.

"Don't feel so sad, be happy" she said, taking his shaking hand into her weak one. "I know you have feelings towards my father, embrace them, do not be scared." She said with a weak chuckle when she saw him blush slightly.

"I love you all, remember, I will be with you sooner than you think" she said as he eyes closed completely, her still body was unnerving Sebastian as he shook her lightly.

"Wake up" he said in a whisper. "Don't go to sleep, not yet" he said with more tears.

"Not without me"