chapter 14

Their vacation went by flawlessly as the towns people took their revenge. Henry was no more in that town. Going back to the Manor they entered the sweet home with a new addition to the house. A huge demon dog, gentle with everything he doesn't like to destroy. And of course there was the other demon dog, Grell. At first they were weary of eachother, thinking that they were a threat, soon enough they hit it off pretty good. Barking and playing with eachother, of course when you have two, more things get burned down to a crisp. Kira and the rest of the group entered the manor, unpacking their things and their masters things. Settling things down the masters decided to take a break outside, well that is if they actually did some work, beside the paper work.

"Kira" Jocelyn called out as she sat down comfortably.

"Yes, my lady?" Kira said with a bow appearing out of nowhere.

"Bring me some coffee" she ordered and she turned towards Ciel "what would you like Ciel?"

"Iced tea please" he requested, making Kira nod and leaving to make the refreshments.

"Have you heard of the killings that have been happening recently?" Jocelyn said, striking up a conversation, she was never a woman to not talk when there was company.

"Killings?" Ciel said confused.

Kira came back just as a portal ripped through the evening sky, making Kira freeze in her place. Her eyes widen in realization as she felt the power of the portal opening fully. She turned around to see three demons in soldier outfits.

"What in hell are you three doing here" she said, her expression deadly as the men cowered in fear.

"Your father, sent u-us to retrieve you" one man said, brave enough to speak up.

Eyes widening she kicked all three of them flawlessly back into the portal and closed it. Turning back she saw the confused faces of the masters and the servants.

"Apologies, they didn't know what they were talking about" she said with an innocent smile. Bowing she went back to work, making a fresh strawberry filled jamm cake for Ciel and Jocelyn.

With the mistress and master they sat there still bewildered. Looking at each other they shrugged and sipped their drinks.

"Hello, brat" a feminine like voice said as he jumped down from the roof and landed gracefully on the floor.

"What are you doing here Grell?" Ciel asked, his headache coming back.

"I just came here to see my Sebby-chan!" He said dramatically as he squirmed at the thought of Sebastian's hands all over his body.

"He's busy" Ciel said with a glare at the idiot.

"There will be no such thing when I-" he stopped mid sentence as his eyes widen, making his feminine posture leave him completely as he stood on both of his legs elegantly. His eyes fixated at a Ravened haired woman.

"...K-Kira" he said, his voice slightly deeper than his usual tone.

"Hm?" Kira said as she walked outside to see her childhood friend.

Her eyes widen, as her eyes scanned the red headed male. She remembered him hating the color red, he would always say that it didn't suit him. At that time they were in training, well Grell was. Kira had a personal teacher to teach her adequate manners. She was to be a good demon wife and mother when she grew up, and a powerful ruler.

*flashback*

"Hey Lulu!" Kira said, her short young form said as she walked gracefully to the broken stone near the forbidden portal. She sat down and grinned at the boy in front of him.

"Stop calling me that Kei-chan!" Grill said as his short hair poked in every direction.

"Aww! Is Lulu embarrassed?" She snickered.

"This is why I hate you demons, always thinking you guys are superior, but your not!" He said with an angry pout. "You're always making our job harder for us reapers"

"Now, now, call down. I was just teasing, so how was your day going so far" she said with her grin, showing off her sharp fangs.

"I've been training none stop for the past month and my body is all sore, what about you?" He said with a yawn.

"I've been killed demons here and there, only the ones that annoyed me that is" she said with a bored expression "you should wear more red you know"

"Why? I hate that color, it's so bloody" he said with distaste.

"That the reason! I love red, it beautiful when the sun shines upon it, and you need to let your hair grow, you'll look pretty sexy if I do say so myself" she said with a wink as she saw him blush madly.

"Don't say such embarrassing things so easily you idiot!" He said looking away.

"I like the way you dress now, all dark and mysterious, but a new upgrade is good now and then" she said with a giggle as her eyes sparkled. "Smile more, oh! And act more like a girl!"

"But I'm not a girl you demon!" He said still blushing as he grumbled at the way he was more manly than any man.

Her eyes softened at the thought she's been having recently, she hasn't told him her secret, they've been friends for over three decades and she still doesn't have the courage to tell him. She feels like a cowards, and the word of her father keeps coming to her mind.

A true demon princess will never be a cowards even in the line of something dangerous, take a deep breath and sow them what you are made of! Her father's voice sounded, gruff and play full but serious as usual.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She was going to tell him today, one way or another.

"Grell, I need to tell you something" she said, becoming serious.

His eyes widen, she would never call him by his name. Only if she's mad or if she was serious, and right now her expression was serious. He stood straight and looked her dead in the eyes, going into serious mode.

"What is is?" He said a bit concerned.

"I'm a prin-" she was cut off my a loud roar, gasping she turned around to see a big demon, about 10 feet tall, his long reptilian tail swaying back and forth. Sharp teeth dripping in saliva.

"Hey there, I've been hearing that the princess would sneak out occasionally from her little kingdon, so I decided to keep a close eye on you" his voice was deep and disgusting, just like his rotten flesh smelling mouth.

"Princess?!" Grell said shocked at what he was saying.

She turned around quickly, speaking as long as she could.

"I'm sorry that a u didn't told you sooner, I just hated the way everyone would treat me differently when they knew I came from a royal blood line" she said as she was picked up from the ground by the demon. "You were the only one that I respected throughout me whole life of living, and I loved being friends with you, please, leave and never come back to this place!"

She was then ripped apart by the demon. Grell's screamed in agony as he saw his close friend's body being throne like a rag doll, he pounder at the shield, wanting to at least do something. The portal soon closed slowly as he shouted in denial of what she said. He would never run from the things he cares the most. As the portal finally closed completely, a si guy drop of blood passed though as it landed on his cheek. He whipped it aways with his finger as he looked at it. The brilliant red color that shined under the sun perfectly. He smiled sadly as he nodded at his loss of a true friend. Vowing to grow his hair out and wearing red.

*end of flashback*

"Long time no see... Lulu" she said with a grin.