chapter 6

Kira set down the tea on the side table as Jocelyn was about to win, Kira poured the tea in a tea set and placed it in front of Ciel and Jocelyn. She stepped back and stood behind of her mistress just as Sebastian came in with a new suit on.

"About time you finished." Ciel commented as he sighed after losing again.

"My apologies master, I got distracted by the beautiful structure of the house." Sebastian smirked as he smiled at Kira's direction.

Kira as usual ignored it and set her eyes only on the ground like always.

"Kira." Jocelyn said as she sipped her cup in victory and she looked at Ciel's pained expression.

"Yes mistress?" She asked looking towards her mistress without making eye contact.

"I did order you to smile didn't I? Be your usual self." She ordered again with a smile.

Kira nodded and smiled lightly as she stood straight.

"I know mistress, I just didn't find anything to smile for." She said her smile fading slowly.

She somehow made eye contact with Sebastian as his eyes widen at the smile. When he saw her staring he hid his shock quickly with his usual smirk. Turning to stare at the ground he noticed how uncool he was behaving.

Why am I acting like this, she only smiled, I've seen many smiles. Her's shouldn't be any different, yet why do I become a mess when I'm near her presence? Sebastian though as he stood straight and observed his master's action and sometimes glancing at the beautiful smile the mysterious demon maid has plastered on her porcelain lips.

~*~

Both mistress and master stood at the entrance way, they called some more of the deals and opportunities in the near future.

"Well I'll see you some other time young earl." Jocelyn spoke, her voice lacking any enthusiasm.

"Fine by me, lady Jocelyn, although I would appreciate it if you would come over my manor next week for a rematch." Ciel said with slight irritation in his eyes.

Thinking deeply she nodded at his arrangement. "Very well, I accept the challenge, if you don't mind me bringing my servants with me, to meet your servants." She said tilting her head in a sweat manner.

"Of course, I also have four extra servants, I'll see you next weekend."

Saying their fare wells, Ciel left for his mansion and Jocelyn retiring to her shower for her nightly schedule.

She sat back in her tub as the steam raised and evaporated from the small window opening. She leaned her head back and laid it on the rim as her eyes looked at the white ceiling lazily. Thinking about what events happened today she couldn't help but think about their next meeting, the little boy was very interesting in his own way. She couldn't help that he resembled her little brother that she never wanted to seek up. Time passed by as the water began to cool down now. She heard a soft knock on the door, speaking lightly for the person to come in she heard the door open. From her peripheral vision, she saw Kira bowing in respect.

"I apologies for the interruption my lady but you've been in the tub for 2 hours, the time is now 12:55 in the morning." Kira responded as she looked at the marble tiles.

"That long?" Jocelyn said not needing a responce to her question. "Alright I'll be out in a bit then, let me rinse off."

Jocelyn dismissed Kira as she stood up and rinsed off the left over soap clinging to her body.

She stepped out of the tub and made her way towards her towl and wrapped it around her tightly. She opened the door to her room and saw Kira standing there patiently, her head low as always. Kira helped Jocelyn with her nightgown and left her mistress to sleep peacefully.

She left to check on the servants, they were getting ready to retire for the night. Once they settle down in their room she stood in the door way like a mother would do when checking on their children at night. She nodded at them and blew the fire out. Walking out to the back garden and strolled around with Grell behind her, quiet and keeping her hyperness in check when Kira needed her alone time. She went straight to the woods and stood on a big oak tree branch, she looked at the sight in front of her, an ocean of trees was swaying with the winds slight breeze. She smiled and chuckled at the way Jocelyn was so naive and stupid, she couldn't wait to grab her soul for herself.

"And what would a lady of your kind be here at this hour during the night?" A voice familiar to her from yesterday's meeting day was heard behind her. Turning casually back she saw Sebastian with his usual smirk.

"I love the moon." She lied looking up at the bright illuminating moon half full.

"Yes, it is very beautiful." He said not turning to look at the moon only watching her green eyes glimmer under the moon's rays.

"Yes." She simply said with a ghost of a smile.

Sebastian was confused, usually any kind of demon will fall for his words or just by being there, yet this beautiful creature beside him is immune by his existences. She jumped off the branch without warning, being startled, Sebastian looked down to see her flip and twirl through the branches and land gracefully on the ground without a sound.

Strange.

He felt his cold heart skip a beat or even warm up a bit. He couldn't say the words that were perfect to describe her in every way. He jumped off, landing slightly with a pad to the ground.

He raised an eye brow, any demon would make a slight pad sound, yet this one made no sound that she even existed.

"I've been eating souls since the day I could rememer, the first time, they were very bitter, yet as I started eating more I became to know well of the sour souls or even sweet ones, my favorite ones are the spicy souls." She said randomly, her eyes showing something different from irritation to pity.

"You are correct there, when I was born I used to eat viciously at any human, then I met a very old and wise demon, that when forming a conrtact with a human, the soul becomes a very sweet and spicy kind of soul, depending on the human that is." He said his eyes becoming distant as he looked back at his lost memory of the demon.

"Yes, I too had a mentor to guide me, he was very kind to me from the moment I was born."

Father was very eager for me to taste my first soul right. she thought with a sigh.

"Might I ask who this mentor of yours is?" Sebastian said coming a bit closer to Kira for her liking.

"Maybe another time Mr. Sebastian, it's become rather late I must leave to make arrangements." She said avoiding the question, not knowing why she said such stupid and foolish things to a demon. As she thought about she took out her pocket watch and scanned the time.

"Yes, I believe so." He said frowning as he took out his own pocket watch his master gave him.

Separating for the night, they left without a goodye, like as if for some odd reason they would see eachother soon without a doubt.

~•~
(Edit completed)