Priceless

Kye was waiting for us as Sylus and myself made it back home. "Hey!" He greeted me with a big grin, and I gave him a smile back. I've only been dating Kye about a month now. He was great, he was sweet, funny, and cute. But for some reason, I didn't feel myself developing real feelings for him. It's like we lacked a connection.

I hate to admit it, but I feel like Kye was just filling a void in me. I got tired of being alone and when he first asked me out, I just said yes. And things kind of escalated from there. I hoped the longer I was with him the harder I would fall. I thought that's how feelings worked, but it doesn't progress like that. Not in this case anyway.

"Let me see your autographed album!" Kye says happily and takes it from my hand. I reluctantly give it up. That album was now my most prized possession. It filled me with concern to hand it over to someone else. Especially someone that doesn't understand the value it held. Not monetary, but what it meant to me.

"Wow, all seven autographs huh! I bet this would sell for a pretty penny online." I snatched it from Kye's hands and held it against my chest. "What?! Absolutely not." I yell at him, and he looks confused. Kye never understood my fascination with BTS. He figured it was just a girl crush, but it was more than that.

They became my family and friends when I had none. I discovered BTS when I lost my parents almost a year ago. The wound still is fresh, but their music and words help mend my broken heart. I moved to Seoul after my parent's death. I knew no one here. I wanted to start from scratch. I couldn't stand to stay in my hometown, where too many memories laid waiting to break my heart again.

"I'm just joking babe." Kye says laughing, but the way my heart is racing tells me it wasn't a joke in my eyes. I intended to put this album in a glass shadow box and hang it on my wall. As if it was a priceless piece of fine art. As if it was painted from Vincent Van Gogh, it was invaluable.

All three of us enter the house and I walk briskly to my room and hide the album safely under my pillow. I can hear Sylus and Kye conversing in the kitchen. "What about you Sy? Did you hit on your crush?" He laughs and Sylus seems quiet. Then I walk back into the kitchen and see Sylus crossing his arms. "Jimin? He didn't even seem fazed or interested in me at all."

I held back my giggle, Sylus was so delusional, much like the rest of ARMY. Sylus almost seemed upset by this turn of events, but I knew he would bounce back. Sylus was a model for a few local stores around here. He just started his modeling career. Being as gorgeous as he was, I was sure he'd find his soulmate soon. Or I had hoped.

After a quick dinner, I told Kye goodbye. "I need to record a video showing off my album and talking about my experience." Kye nodded and kissed my cheek before leaving. Sylus watches the interaction intensely. As soon as Kye leaves, he speaks up to me.

"When are you going to dump him?" My eyes shoot over to meet his. I was surprised at his blunt question. "What?" Sylus laughs and drapes his arm around my shoulder. "Girl, the looks you gave the boys this morning and the look you give Kye are two totally different looks. I can tell you're not that into him." I shrug my shoulders, forcing his arm off of me.

"I don't know how I feel about him yet." Sylus follows me as I try to escape this conversation. I flee into my room, but he squeezes inside before I can shut the door. "I think you do know." I fold my arms and turn my back to him. I was done talking about this. "I need to record." I tell him flatly and then he leaves my room.

Retrieving my stashed treasure, I turn on my camera and settle into position.

"Welcome back to my channel guys! Today I have an amazing story to tell!" I hold up the signed album and scream quietly, not wanting to bust the watcher's eardrums. "I won a contest to go to a BTS fan signing and got to meet the boys!" I put the album on its side and display it proudly beside my body.

"I wish I could tell you guys that I acted like a normal person, but I didn't. I was overwhelmed with the amazingness that the boys are. They were all so sweet and kind. I wanted to tell them so much. I wanted them to know just what they meant to me, but I froze. I'm sorry ARMY, I let you down. I had the chance to speak on behalf of millions and I failed. Anyway, comment below what I should react to next. The highest rated comment will be the winner! Bye ARMY, love yourself!" I threw a heart over my head with my arms and cut the camera.

It was a short video, but I really didn't have much to say. I froze like some idiot and couldn't hardly speak to BTS. I would stutter and be too afraid to look into their eyes more than a few seconds at a time. It was really embarrassing. I just hoped they would have forgotten about me by now.