Heart of Gold

As Jungkook holds me in his arms, I begin to feel sleepy. My eyelids begin to droop. My brain was trying to shut down, it had been thrown into overdrive between last night and today. Jungkook notices I'm quiet and looks down at me.

"You want to go to sleep?" I nod my head slowly. He grins and grabs my hand, puling me over to my bed. He sits me down and bends down to be eye level with me. "Do you mind if I stay with you?" My eyes go wide, I was more awake now.

"Of course not." I tell him and smile slightly. Nothing would make me happier than for him to stay. I almost lost him; I was almost forced to lose him. I didn't want him to leave me tonight. "I'd love that, actually." Jungkook's smile slowly spreads across his face.

"Good! Because I didn't want to leave." He confesses and my heart races. I watch as he stands up and walks into my bathroom. I wait a moment for him to return, confused about where he suddenly went.

Jungkook returns to me with one of my makeup wipes in his hand. He bends down on one knee and gently wipes around on my face. Cleaning up the smudged makeup and running black mascara. I smile as he does, staring intensely at his sweet face and. He locks eyes with me as he wipes underneath my red puffy eyes. "I'm sorry this happened. I feel like it's my fault. But I won't let anyone come between us again." His words make my heart flutter.

After gently wiping off the leftover mascara, I'm left with a clean face.

"Thank you so much Kookie. You're so incredibly sweet." I say, looking into his big eyes. He smiles broadly once I call him his cute nickname.

"Which lotion do you use?" Jungkook asks me next. I try to stand up, just wanting to get it myself so not to bother him with anything. He places his hands on my shoulders and stops me.

"Please rest, let me take care of you." I smile sweetly. He was the nicest person. I've never known someone to be so famous and still so sweet.

"I use the Neutrogena lotion, it's a blue glass jar." Jungkook nods and runs off to get my lotion. He soon returns and hands it to me. "Do you want me to put it on?" Jungkook asks me, his big doe eyes on my face. I giggle at his eagerness.

"No, Kookie, I can do this." He smiles and places a soft kiss on my forehead. I apply lotion to my face and grin at him the entire time he watches me. He always looks so fascinated and bewildered by everything. He was the cutest human on this planet. I was convinced.

After my face is moisturized, Jungkook helps me get into bed. He pulls the covers up to my chin and I smile up at him. He's been so caring, it's incredible. He learned so much from all his older brothers. They raised him so well. You could tell that he had portions of each member's traits in him. He was the perfect concoction of his six hyungs.

"I'll go wash my face and then we will go to sleep." I nod and watch as he walks towards my bathroom.

I think I finally know why he's called the golden maknae. It's not just because he's good at everything or because his mom dreamt of gold when he was born. It's because he has a heart of gold. He was so pure and sweet. I've never met anyone like him before. He never stopped caring and never gave up. He always put his best into every single thing he did, and he showed. He was amazing.

{Jungkook's POV}

Staring into the bathroom mirror after I wash my face, I can't help but feel guilty. My fame did this to her. If I had been just a normal guy, then Kye wouldn't have tried to blackmail her. He must be an unstable person, I'm glad she got out of that relationship before anything worse happened.

I walk back into her bedroom and her red, swollen eyes follow me. She's completely bare faced and still affects me so much. She's so beautiful, even after she's been so upset. I grab one of her pillows and walk towards the living room.

"Where are you going?" She asks me sweetly and I look over at her. Shocked at the question, I thought it was obvious. "I'm going to the couch."

I hear her cute laugh and she sits up. "No, you can sleep here Kookie." I can't stop the smile that takes over my face every time she calls me that. The way she annunciates the K's is so cute.

I raise my eyebrows at her offer. "Are you sure?" She giggles, nods, and pats the bed beside her. I eagerly sit on the bed and rip off my socks. I go to unbutton my jeans and then look over at her. She's watching me and begins to laugh.

"It's fine Kookie." I shyly undo my jeans and pull them down and off. I fold them neatly and sit them on the floor with my socks. I crawl into bed beside her, and my heart is racing. I'm not sure why. She makes me feel things I've never felt before.

My heart races like this every time I step onto the stage. The adrenaline takes over, but this is different. This feels like what I imagine love feels like.

Gently resting my head against the pillow, I'm painfully aware of how close her body is to mine. It'll take me a while to calm down and fall asleep.