Will There Be War?

Jungkook opens the door for me because my hands are trembling. The door swings open, and my heart takes flight. It leaves my body as I'm making eye contact with Kim Namjoon. "Hello." He says flatly and I bow deeply to him, taking Jungkook's arm with me.

"Hyung, come in. This is the girl I told you about." My eyes dart from Jungkook's face to Namjoon's. He steps inside my home and walks past me. RM wrings his hands as I realize he's nervous. Now I feel incredibly guilty. He sits on my couch, and we follow him.

"Okay, tell me the whole story."

"So, you're serious about each other?" RM asks both of us

"So, you're serious about each other?" RM asks both of us. I look at Jungkook and he looks at me. We both nod at the same time.

"You know this is going to kill ARMY, right?" Jungkook rubs the back of his neck. "Maybe it won't?" He asks innocently and Namjoon laughs humorlessly.

"Doubt it. So, this Kye person is threatening to leak some photos? We must get ahead of the attack. Jungkook-ah you're going to go live tonight and tell ARMY. Then we will release an official statement. You two better prepare for the storm that may come your way. We will not disclose her identity just yet. We will gauge the fans' reaction first."

Jungkook nods listening to his hyung, and I just stare at him as he speaks. I feel so guilty. I'm soaked in guilt.

"If he does release the photos, then we can take legal actions. But it's best if we take action before him."

I realize I've barely spoken to RM, and I decide to apologize, for everything.

"Namjoonssi, I'm so horribly sorry. I hate to be causing you and the members any issues. It's not something I ever wanted to do. I pray things will be okay eventually."

RM takes one of my hands and holds it. His eyes soften and my anxiety melts as well. "None of this is your fault. Jungkook told me everything, he is the one who kept pursuing you. He seems quite taken with you and honestly, I'm surprised. None of us had any idea. I'm angry he didn't tell me sooner." He shoots Jungkook a displeased scowl and Jungkook hangs his head.

"I'm sorry hyung, I thought you'd be mad." Namjoon sighs. "You know I can't ever be mad at you." My heart melts at the interaction between these two. It's so adorable.

Suddenly Namjoon stands. "Tell your girlfriend goodbye and we need to leave. We have a few things to prepare before you go live." Kookie nods and we both stand.

"It was nice to meet you. I look forward to getting to know you. Please don't tell anyone about anything until we deem it safe to do so." I nod at Namjoon's cautionary words. "I won't, I promise." He nods and heads out the front door.

Jungkook embraces me and I lean my head against his chest. "Kookie, is this the right decision?" He leans back and locks eyes with me. "Everything is going to be fine; I promise. Believe in me. I'll take care of everything so you and I can be together." I swallow at the intensity of his eyes. I could tell he meant every word. He would try his hardest, I knew that. Jungkook wasn't capable of doing anything halfway. He poured his everything into whatever he was doing. It's what makes him so special.

"I trust you Kookie." I tell him and he grins. He connects his lips to mine and kisses me softly. My stress melts away and my shoulders slightly relax. The effect this man had on me was unreal. He was the man of my dreams.

"Will you watch the live?" I smile at his question. "I always do." He plants a kiss on my forehead. "I'll text you, okay?" I nod.

I hug him tightly once more before he leaves my house. I still feel guilty. All this stress and extra work all thanks to me. Was I really worth all the hassle? I didn't think so. I didn't care much about my happiness, but I did care about Jungkook's. I wanted him to be happy and if that was me, then so be it. I'd stand by him no matter what. And if something happened, then I'd peacefully part from him. I would do whatever was best for Kookie and the band.

My heart sank at the thought that ARMY might hate me. Loathe me. I might get death threats. The ARMY I knew were very smart and great detectives. They could locate me and identify me before I even caught wind of it. And that's what scared me.

They could destroy my relationship but what's worse if they could destroy my life. I knew deep down that not all ARMY were crazy fanatics. But there were some. And those were the ones I was afraid of.