Too Late to Apologize

{Jungkook's POV}

Argh, I'm so stupid. I walk as fast as my legs will carry me. I climb into the company car that was waiting for me. I can't believe I've hurt her twice now. I almost made her cry again. I'm so stupid for asking about her parents.

I rub my eyes roughly with my fingers. I'm such an idiot, and so selfish. She touched me and I had to act weird about it. I made it seem like she was bothering me but that wasn't the case. I was just surprised. So many times tonight I wanted to touch her. I wanted to grab her and kiss her. I wanted to kiss away her pain, but I'm a coward. A shy coward.

I hurt her feelings and when she touched me that's all I focused on. How selfish of me. I hate that I ran out of there, but I didn't know how to handle the situation or how I was reacting to it. I already miss her smile. She smiled so much until I ruined it with a stupid question.

All I could hope now is that she'd forgive me.

{My POV}

Watching as the car pulled out of my driveway, I was riddled with confusion. What just happened? I suppose my blubbering made him uncomfortable. I'll have to remember that next time. If there is a next time. He said he would message me, so maybe nothing was wrong. Or maybe he was just being considerate. I guess we would wait and see.

"Welcome back to my channel ARMY

"Welcome back to my channel ARMY. Today I will be reacting to 'Love Maze.' I'm excited to hear this, that's an intriguing name. Anyway, I'm thinking of starting a Patreon channel where I could earn a little extra money. Comment if you would be interested in that. Let's listen!"

I click the play button and I listen carefully as the song plays. The first voice I hear is of course, Jungkook's angelic voice. I bob my head along to the beat of the song.

I roll my eyes in pure bliss as Jimin's vocals stand out the most to me in this song. "Guys, Jimin sounds like a literal angel."

Listening further, I feel like I really resonate with the lyrics. As I usually do with BTS songs. I clutch my heart as Suga raps. His verses always hit home with me. "The lyrics Suga rapped are amazing. Lies will always try to destroy relationships and hardships will try to trick us but you must learn to focus on yourself. I love that."

The song ends abruptly, and I frown. "Aw man, I really liked that one. Adding it to my playlist guys! This playlist grows bigger every single day. Thanks for watching, please like and subscribe. Borahae!" I make the signature heart with my arms over my head and cut the camera. I sigh. I wasn't feeling it today, I really had to pretend.

Last night still had me rattled. I still hadn't heard from Jungkook and as sad as it seems, I wanted to post a reaction video so I might hear from him.

I quickly edited my video. I didn't add as many flares as I usually would. I would always add funny sounds or memes, funny pictures of the member's faces. But today I just wasn't feeling up to it.

Stretching my arms towards the ceiling, I let out a deep yawn. I didn't get much sleep last night. I pull my hair up into a ponytail and once I finish, I hear a knock on my front door. Standing from my computer chair, I walk into the living room and answer the door. My face turns dark quickly.

"Don't slam the door on my face! Please! I need to apologize and let you listen to it." Kye was pleading and I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. Kye straightens up once he sees that I don't shut the door. "I got scared! I really like you babe and when I thought you might have been talking to another guy I freaked out. You hurt me and so all I wanted to do was hurt you back and that wasn't fair."

"Your damn right it wasn't fair." Kye's shoulders slump slightly. "You did hurt me. You insulted me and took the most precious thing away from me. But the jokes on you because I have something more valuable now."

Kye meets my eyes, and he looks hopeful for a split second. "Can you give me another chance, please?" I drop my folded arms. "Absolutely not." Kye just blinks at me.

"You hurt me out of pure speculation. You had no truth. If you're willing to hurt me over something so petty and not even try to listen to my side of the story, then we won't work. I'm sorry, please leave."

I about shut the front door, but both of our attentions are directed to the sound of a car pulling in. I stare at the car, trying to recognize who it is. Then my heart stops when I see who steps out. It's Jungkook but he's heavily camouflaged. He's wearing sunglasses, a hat, and a mask.

"Who's that?" Kye asked me, the tone in his voice different now. He sounds intimidated. Jungkook walks over to us. "My new friend." I said as I gave Jungkook a sweet smile. It felt so good to see him again.

I wave to him and Kye looks at me and then looks at Jungkook. The gears are processing in his head, he looks displeased. He sees the smile that's displayed on my face, and he scowls. He knows I could never smile at him like that.

Jungkook walks up my steps and stops midway to look at me. "Everything okay?" I nod and smile. "Yep. Kye was just leaving." I say the second sentence in a threatening manner.

"Yeah. Bye babe. We will continue our talk later."

"No, we won't." I say after he walks back over to his car. I watch as Kye pulls out of the driveway. Jungkook does the same, his arms crossed as he stands beside me.

"That the ex?" I sigh deeply and nod. "Yes, that jerk won't leave me alone. Now I'm in a horrible mood."

Jungkook suddenly digs into his bag. I watch him curiously. "I have just the thing then." He pulls out a pair of boxing gloves. I raise an eyebrow at him. "I'll take you and teach you to box. It's a great way to relieve stress and anger." I look at him and smile slightly.

"Okay, let me change into something more appropriate."