Under Pressure

Thank the lord for work, I never thought I'd say those words. But luckily, the busyness of the hospital kept my head clear and my thoughts at bay. I buried myself in my job, I worked harder today than I ever had before. I wanted my thoughts to be far away from where they've been lately.

It was eight at night and my boss finally left her office. "You're still here? Go home!" She jokingly told me, and I nodded. "Yes ma'am." I grabbed my things and left from the front entrance of the hospital. I walked to my car, thoughts creeping back into my brain.

My subscribers had chosen a song for me to react to next. They wanted 'Black Swan.' I wanted to record it, truly I did. But the thought that Jungkook might watch it made me more nervous than you could imagine. Just the thought of that made me want to fall off the face of the earth.

As I'm driving home, Kye calls my phone. I answer it, annoyed to talk on the phone as I'm driving.

"Hello?"

"Hey you! Want to get some dinner tonight?"

"I'm sorry Kye, I had a crazy day and I just want to go home and go to bed."

"Okay, I understand, I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Okay, goodnight."

I hang up and sigh. I wasn't in the mood for company, and I really wasn't in the mood to pretend I was okay. I wasn't lying to him though. My day really had been crazy, and I was indeed exhausted. The only thing calling my name right now was my bed. And I wanted to answer that call.

As I return home, I toss my purse on my bed

As I return home, I toss my purse on my bed. I hear my phone ding and I wonder who is contacting me so late at night. They ought to know I go to bed early when I work. My heart was wide awake when I saw that it was a message on Youtube. Even the possibility that it might be Jungkook threw my soul into another realm. And it was certainly him.

[RealGoldMaknae: Hey, HYBE will be releasing a cover of mine tomorrow at 9am sharp. I was hoping you could react to it.]

What? WHAT?! Did he mean me? Of course, he meant me, what a stupid thing to ask myself. Thousands of pounds rest on my shoulders and chest all of a sudden. The pressure was immense. Some random person in Utah wasn't asking for this reaction. No. Jeon Jungkook himself was asking for a particular reaction. A reaction to one of his songs.

What if I hated it? No, that wasn't possible. Jungkook had the voice of an angel. It was a cover; ARMY hadn't been blessed with a cover from him in a bit. We were being blessed tomorrow and I knew of it early. I must be the luckiest ARMY in the world recently. I replied the only way I knew how.

[BTSismybias: Okay.]

Mr

Mr. Sandman was not my friend last night. He abandoned me in my hour of need. I desperately wanted and needed sleep, but my request was denied. I wanted to look rested and refreshed, but that wasn't going to happen.

Quickly showering and getting ready. Normally I wouldn't put too much effort in my appearance to record. But now that I knew who one of my viewers was, I would try harder. I fixed my hair; I braided a cute headband out of my own hair. I applied some makeup and tried to cover up my lack of sleep.

And now I was fighting with myself over what to wear. You'd only see me from my shoulders up, so I didn't need a whole outfit. I just needed a cute top. I pulled out my favorite shirt. It was a black t-shirt I had bought off of Etsy. It had Agust D on it. My favorite rapper.

I settled down in front of my computer. It was five till nine. I went to HYBE's Youtube channel and waited patiently. What a privilege I had right now. I was possibly the only ARMY that knew about this song releasing. I had the pleasure to hear it first with my ears before most ARMYs would be awake.

Anxiously refreshing their home page. I saw the video pop up. The video had a simple background, all blue, it resembled a calm ocean. It was titled 'Falling.' Inhaling deeply, I turned on my camera and clicked on the video. Here we go.