You Must Be Kidding Me

"So, let me get this straight. You've been hanging out with JK while I was gone. You went boxing with him and then he tricked you into this incredibly romantic date and then kissed you?! Girl, how do I die and come back as you in the next life?"

I laugh mildly, it did seem a little far-fetched when I heard it from someone else's mouth. "It's true Sylus. He initiated the whole thing, not me." Sylus let out a long, dragged-out sigh. Then he placed his hand to his forehead. "My best friend went on a date with Jungkook. I can't even properly process this right now."

Sylus walks to his room and yells that he needs to lie down. I giggle to myself. I about follow him to his room but then I hear a knock on the door, and I wonder who was here. I walked over to the door and peeked out of the top window. It was Kye, my heart sank. That's not who I wanting to see. I contemplate whether or not to open the door but then I hear him yell from outside.

"You better open this door! I see your car here." I sigh and then breathe in some air. I was going to need it. I open the door and Kye greets me with a dark smile. "Well, hello pretty girl." I scoff at his words.

"What do you want Kye? When will you give up?" Kye pushed past me and steps inside the house. He looks around, looking for someone. "Is he here?" I raise my eyebrow at him. "Who? Sylus? Yeah, he's in his room." Kye turns around to look at me, a grimace on his face and he wags his finger at me. "No, no, your new boyfriend." I just blink at him.

"Don't think I'm too stupid to realize who you're dating now."

Sylus leaves his room and joins us in the living room. "Ew, why is Kye here?" Sylus gives him a sassy look up and down. "Shut up." Kye barks at Sylus and he scoffs. That was it for me, that pushed me over the edge. Someone could treat me however they wished, but not my best friend.

"Get the fuck out of my house before I call the cops for real this time!" Kye laughed maniacally. "I don't think so, slut." My mouth gapes at his insult. "I took photos of you and Jungkook together. I'm going to leak them to the press. They will have a field day." I blink incoherently him. The blood circulating through my veins turns to ice.

Sylus steps in, "Prove it, you piece of shit." Kye shrugs and pulls out his phone from his pocket and shows us a few pictures he took. It seems he took them the day Jungkook, and I went boxing. He even had a picture of Jungkook carrying me back home that night when I was too exhausted to stay awake.

Kye quickly pulls his phone away when Sylus tries to grab the phone. "Ah! I don't think so."

I'm speechless. He was threatening me, and for what? Why? Because I dumped him?

"What do you want Kye?" He steps towards me and runs a finger down my cheek. "I want you to never speak to him again and give me another chance. I'm better for you than him. He'll just dump you as soon as a prettier girl gains his attention."

I feel the tears burning my eyes, his words hurt me. I didn't want them to, but they did. They stung like lightning striking my heart.

"You're disgusting. You're blackmailing her and want her to be with you? How do you think that will work? You think she'll fall in love with you after you just threatened her?!" Sylus yells, infuriated at the situation. I would be too if I weren't so shocked right now.

I squeeze my fists tight; they began to shake. "I don't want to date you. I'll never speak to Jungkook again, but I want you out of my life."

Kye's eyes turn dark, and it frightens me. He tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear, and it makes my skin crawl. "That's not what I asked for. Surely you know what will happen once I release these pictures right?" I turn my tear-filled eyes back to him. "Your life and your little relationship will be over. The crazies will find you and destroy you from top to bottom. Big Hit will force your relationship apart and you'll never see him again."

I feel the crack in my heart spreading. The thought of never seeing Jungkook again was breaking my heart.

"So, either way, your relationship with that makeup wearer man-child is over." My heart races at the insult he just hurled at Jungkook. He did nothing to deserve Kye's hate. "Leave him out of this. It's between you and me." Kye laughs, his lips curling menacingly. "Aw, did I insult your boyfriend? He's not your boyfriend anymore. I am." I try to swallow the urge to cry.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow night for a date. Wear something hot."

I felt nothing but pure disgust and contempt for Kye. He winked at me and left the house through the front door. Once the door slammed shut, I collapsed to my knees and Sylus runs over to me. He wraps me up in a tight hug.

"I can't believe that psycho. I never knew he was like this." I tremble in Sylus's arms. The gravity of the situation settling in my mind.

"We will figure something out, don't worry!" Sylus says through gritted teeth. He pets my hair as I sob uncontrollably in his arms. No longer strong enough to fight the tears anymore.

 No longer strong enough to fight the tears anymore