Black and Purple

"Welcome back to my channel guys! Today I'm going to be reacting to 'Black Swan!' This reaction is a little late and I know that. I'm sorry. Anyway, let's see what this song is about. Usually black swans represent death, so let's see if that's related to this song."

I smile at the camera and then hit play. My eyes absorb the dark scale of the video, it's beautiful and dark at the same time. My attention is immediately dragged to the center of the stage, center of the group. Jungkook stands among the members starting off the song.

"Wow, Jimin is really shining in this video guys. His background in contemporary dance is perfect for this setting." I can't seem to keep my eyes off of Jimin as the video goes on. He's demanding every bit of my attention. Demanding and keeping it. I hit pause.

"So, this song is about death. But not the death of a person, it's about the death of passion. Apparently, the boys have lost their love for music. They no longer get excited when writing or even hearing music. That's incredibly sad. Music is such an important aspect to our lives. Music can fit any mood you're in and help you through a rough patch."

I'm trying to pay attention to the rest of the video, but once I see Jungkook in a black corset, it's all I can think about. I love how BTS constantly breaks gender specific clothing standards. I never knew how badly I needed to see the members in corsets. It's quite sexy to be honest.

"Our boys wearing corsets is chefs kiss!" I kiss my fingertips.

The video ends and I just stare at the screen a minute, my brain processing at top speeds. "The shadows reoccur throughout this video. The shadow of doubt, I believe. Or maybe the shadows represent fear. The fear that they have finally lost their love for music. Their 'first death' as Yoongi said. They say when a dancer can't dance anymore, that's their first death. I think that line has something to do with that statement. See here at the very end, Jungkook walks away, and the shadow slowly disappears. Maybe that means they are over that rough patch. I hope so. I hope our boys are feeling better."

I thank the viewers and cut the camera. The song was beautiful, but deep down, it had a depressing message. I was worried about my boys. They were like my family and that was a newer song. I hoped with my whole heart that they are feeling better these days. I only wish for their happiness.

Opening my editing software, I start to work on the video I just recorded. I'm interrupted when I hear someone knocking on my door. Getting up from my computer chair I wander into the living room and open the door. There's someone in a delivery uniform standing in front of me.

"Good afternoon, ma'am." The man tells me and hands me a vase of beautiful flowers. Taking the stunning bouquet, I'm surprised as can be. The arrangement consists of lavender, purple lilies, and white carnations. I loved the color purple; it was my favorite color. Whoever sent these must have known that because the vase was a deep purple as well as the bow that was attached to it.

"Who sent me these?" I ask the delivery man and he just shrugs. "It was anonymous ma'am. These go with it as well." He hands me a small basket filled with delicious chocolates and fruits. I look at him wide eyed. He tilts his hat to me and walks away to return to his vehicle.

Heading back inside, I search around the flowers to see if there's a card attached. I finally find one and pull it gently from the bouquet. I quickly open the card and read the print inside.

"You've stolen my heart and I wish to tell you. Meet me at the gazebo at Namsan Mountain Park, June 8th, Saturday night at 9pm."

I blink confused as I read the words. Who would send me these flowers? Could this be Kye? It's a possibility. Who else would know that I loved the color purple so much?

Endless questions flood my brain. Puzzlement took over my thoughts. I never had a secret admirer before; this was unheard of for me. But it probably wasn't a secret, it was probably Kye.

June the 8th was just five days away. I'd play it by ear and see if I can possibly find out who these are from. I was so deep in thought that when my phone began to ring, it startled me. Sylus's face appears on the screen, and I answer it quickly.

"Sy! When are you coming home!?"

"Tomorrow! I called to tell you!"

"Oh, thank god, I have so much to tell you, it's not even funny!"

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah, I guess so, just hurry home, okay?"

"Alright, love you!"

Hanging up the phone, I sigh happily. I couldn't wait for my best friend to return. This house is too quiet without him. Each day I would wake up and he wouldn't be here, it felt wrong. It felt like something was missing. Things would feel more normal once he was back home.

 Things would feel more normal once he was back home