one •

11 years earlier.

"William! Hey!" I frantically wave my arms. He turns around from his locker and looks around, looking for whose calling him. Once he sees me waving my arms, he smiles brightly, shutting his locker and making his way to me.

"Hey, oh my god!" William pulls me into a hug.

"Where have you been? I called you allllll summer, you never answered! I even tried stopping by a few times but your father told me you weren't there." I tilt my head.

William sighed. "I'm sorry Willow. My father banished me from everything this summer because of a stupid little mistake I made before school ended, and well, you know how my father gets." William pulls down his collar a bit to reveal his collarbone, purple and blue.

I gasp a little. "Oh my. He's still doing that?" I lower my voice.

"Beating the shit out of me? Yeah. I don't think he'll change. It's something you get used to after a while." William frowns a little. "But forget that, I'm happy to see you! And I'm so excited for sophomore year!"

"Me too! Oh, did you get into robotics club?" I ask.

William smiles. "Yeah! We start next Monday though, but I've never been so excited for something before."

"That's awesome William." I smile back.

Williams home life was never the best.

-

Two days later.

"So glad you've asked Martin. Chromosomes are actually a structure of nucleic acids found in living cells, that contain genetic information in the form of-"

Two officers barge into the classroom, interrupting the lesson. They walk over to the teacher, whispering something into her ear. The teacher pins her eyes onto William. I turn to him.

"Why is she staring at you while officers speak to her?" I whisper.

"I-I'm not sure.." Williams voice trembles.

The teacher nods and the officers step away from her ear.

The officers start walking towards William. He grips the sides of the desk, looking like he's ready to run. The officers grab Williams arms and pushes his face down onto the desk, pulling his arms behind him and handcuffing him.

"Mr. William, you are under arrest for the murder of Veronica Afton, your mother. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney." The officer pulls William off the desk, pushing him to the door.

"What the fuck! I swear to god it wasn't me please! I'm fifteen years old and I love my mother dearly I would never lay a hand on her! I haven't even seen her in days, she's been missing!" William begins to cry and shout.

The officers push William to the door as William tries to stay in the classroom. "It wasn't me! It was him! It was him I swear on my mother! It was him please he accused me!" William screams as they drag him out of the classroom.

Who is him?

That was the last day I ever saw William. I never found out if he was proven innocent or guilty, I never found out what happened to his father, nothing. Never heard about him again, never heard from him again. I stopped by a couple of times just to see what the hell was going on, but nobody ever answered.

I miss him sometimes.