forty nine•

TW: death, blood, gore, mention of sexual assault

i also would like to say that william sort of, i guess mocks christianity? i don't know, i'm not sure what it really is

Dylan's POV

Man 1 laughed excitedly. "Today is the day. Today is the day!"

Margaret looked at him quickly. "What? Already?"

"Margaret. Its past his birthday! A week now! Oh I've been waiting for this moment for so long!" Man 1 spun in front of us.

He's literally so odd. Why is he spinning?

"Dylan, oh Dylan, my greatest friend. Since I love you so dearly, your only job is to look on cams and call the police if something happens to Margaret." He got a little closer. "You know how silly William can be." He giggled.

"Thanks." Margaret rolled her eyes.

"Wait so whats really going on?" I asked.

"He's dying. He's dying! Or if you do end up calling the police, he'll just be taken away. But hopefully he just dies!" Man 1 said enthusiastically. He got closer to Margaret and held her cheek. "Oh Margaret. You won't let me down, will you?"

She slapped his hand away. "I can tell you no without you touching me." She wiped her hand on her shirt.

"That bastard is going to die, tonight!" He smiled brightly.

"I don't even have access to cams, only he does." I pointed out.

Man 1 happily pulled out a key from his pocket.

"Where did you get that?" I sat up.

"Remember that night I slashed him?" Man 1 sat in a chair. "I swiped it from him!"

I sighed. "I don't want him to die."

"Like I give a fuck what you want Dylan. This isn't about you, this is about Woman 1, and me." Man 1 threw the key at me.

I sighed. "You're insane. You're worse than him."

"Soon you'll be thanking me." Man 1 stood up. "¡Adios!"

William's POV

Willow and I stared at the coffin before us, where the dead body laid. She was pale, yet seemed like a very sweet lady. She reminded me of my own mother.

"Thank you guys for coming, Truly, it means a lot to me." John came up to us.

Willow turned to him. "Its nothing John. We're sorry for what happened."

I just continued staring at the mother. She seemed like she had so much more to say, but didn't have time to. She looked pretty young too, maybe in her 40's.

Willow elbowed me.

"Sorry. She just reminds me of my own mother." I turned to John.

"I get that. Well, they're gonna bury her soon, I think maybe I'd just like to have these last moments with her alone." John looked at the coffin that they were beginning to close.