sixteen •

TW// mention of sexual assault, blood, death.

"Darla, please!" the man shouted.

"Take care of them for me.." Darla whispered before permanently shutting her eyes.

I groaned and shut off the tv. "Stupid fucking guy. It's his fault she died."

I grabbed the bowl of popcorn and shut off the living room light, walking to the kitchen.

I dumped the rest of the kernels into the trash. I brought the bowl up to my face and licked the butter off the bottom.

"Darla was annoying anyway." I put the bowl in the sink.

I looked at the time.

11:42 PM.

I sucked popcorn out of my teeth and shut off the kitchen light, walking down the hall.

I stopped in my tracks to knocking at my door.

What is up with people bothering me at such late times at night?

I sighed and turned the lights back on, scratching my head as I walked back into the living room. The breeze from the windows had begun to make the room cold.

I approached the door and looked through the peephole. It revealed a long and empty hallway, influenced by the fisheye.

"What?" I mumbled, annoyingly pulling my eye away from the peephole and unlocking the door.

I pull the door open and poke my head outside the doorway and into the hallway, looking both ways to catch anyone who might've knocked.

I scoff. "Probably some stupid fucking ding-dong ditchers."

I pull my head out from the hallway and back inside my apartment, pushing the door closed and locking it. I decided the popcorn was a little too salty and went back to the kitchen for water.

Pulling out a glass cup, I put it on top of the counter and picked up my brita, filling the cup halfway.

I brought the cup to my mouth and drank it quickly, parched. I wiped the water leaking off my chin and hovered over the sink, placing the cup inside.

I kept my hand on the cup at the bottom of the sink, my eyes widening as I looked at the reflection of the tap and felt a cold breath near my neck.

I continued to stare at the reflection in the tap, hearing a soft click sound behind me.

Now I knew who knocked on my door.

A cold blade met my neck as the figure in the tap took my shoulder and slowly turned me towards them. "Don't fucking scream." they covered my mouth.

They took the hood off their head, revealing their long, dirty blonde hair.

Julia.

"I'm gonna uncover your mouth. And you're gonna do nothing but tell me what William told you." she coldly spoke.

I slowly nodded with the blade under my chin.

Julia removed her gloved hand away from my mouth, allowing me to speak. "So what did he tell you."

My breath shaked. "He told me you're a sick bastard. That's what he told me."

Julia pressed the blade against my throat harder, yet not enough to cut me.

"I'm only gonna ask you again. What did he tell you." Julia lowly spoke.

"So that's what you like to do in your free time? Sexually assault people?" I peered at her.