seventeen

"You've reached William.. uh.. Afton. Don't call back." the voicemail 'spoke'.

"Shit!" I slammed the telephone on the desk.

I ran my fingers through my hair.

"I'm right here love." a voice from behind me spoke.

I quickly turned around and met Williams gray eyes. His face seemed melancholy.

He had been wearing a plain white tee with purple sweatpants.

I didn't think. I simply pulled myself into him, meeting his warm chest.

his heart was calm, beating steadily.

He didn't hesitate this time. He fully wrapped his arms around my body, bringing me closer than I was before.

He lightly kissed my forehead, keeping his nose and lips touching it.

"How long have you been here?" I mumbled against his neck.

He took a moment to respond. "I only just arrived."

"Why?" I asked.

"Something told me to come. I knew earlier I should've been here, when we were back at the restaurant, but I just couldn't hold back anymore. I couldn't sleep, I knew this would happen." he quietly spoke.

I quietly cried in his neck. "What am I gonna do.."

"You're not gonna do anything. I will." he spoke against my forehead.

I looked up at him. "What? William I-"

"If anybody asks, I killed her. I took her life, I hid her body." William whispered.

"I can't let you take the blame." I refused.

"I've already got so much blame to take. What's one more gonna do?" William continued.

"Increase your chances of never getting out of jail." I responded.

"I think i'm far beyond a release date by now love. You have so much ahead of you. I can't let one body take that away from you." William slowly pulled away from the hug.

"Besides, who said anybody's going to get caught anyway?" he lightly smiled. He planted one last kiss on my forehead. "Go run yourself a bath darling, you're all bloody. I'll be right back, I promise."

I nodded as William walked away into the kitchen, reappearing and exiting the apartment with Julia's body.

I wiped the tears off my face, closing the door behind William.

-

I sighed.

"Love?" Williams voice from behind the door called.

"I'm here." I responded.

"Alright. Just wanted to let you know I got rid of her. I cleaned your floor and got rid of the evidence. I'll be in the living room if you need me." William explained. He began to walk away from the door.

"Wait." I told him.

"Yeah?"

"You can come in." I assured.

"W-What? But you're in the bath, are you not, you know?" William stuttered.

I lightly chuckled. "It's fine, there's too many bubbles for you to see anything."

"I don't know.. are you sure you're alright with that?"  he asked.

A child murderer, yet respectful.