twenty eight •

^^99kroi

TW: blood

I sat in the spinny-chair inside William's office, waiting for him to get back.

It's been about two hours and it's after closing. I wonder where he's gone. We haven't had much business since the animatronics were stolen.

I flipped through the old sketches and blueprints for Fredbears Family Diner that William left out to entertain me.

I wonder what it's gonna be like in the year 2022. Maybe we'll have flying cars. William and I would be in our 50s by then. How funny is that?

I giggled at the very first planned Fredbear design when there was a knock at the door. I sat up quickly, afraid of who might be in the building at this time since Henry is looking for a new night guard.

The door slowly creaked open only to reveal a disheveled William. "Hello love, I'm back. Just wanted to let you know I'll be outside having a smoke and I'll come back in."

I smiled and nodded, calming down. "Okay."

I watched as William smiled and closed the door. I picked up his perfectly completed rubix cube and messed it up just so I can watch him fix it later.

10 minutes later

I had gotten busy and was trying to fix the cube myself when I heard a loud slam at the front door. I quickly put the cube down and stood up.

If that was William, he should have walked into the office by now. But he wasn't. In fact, it was dead silent out side of the office.

I slowly reached for the knob and twisted it, opening the door and peeking my head out. "William?" I looked into the dimmed hallway.

I gritted my teeth, knowing I'm stupid and this is how people die. I fully walk out of the office and slowly walk down the dark hall.

I was playing with my fingernails and staying alert of my surroundings.

I stop once I reach the main room. The animatronics that had been stolen were now back with us, except slumped on the floor.

"William?" I call out again.

I hear a small shuffle to the right and a small grunt. "W-Willow.." I heard William struggle in a booth.

I quickly walk over to William, who had his eyes widened and a hand over his chest.

"What are you doing?" I look at him weirdly.

He weakly removed his arm from over his shirt, revealing his deeply slashed chest that had been oozing blood.

I quickly covered my mouth. "William what the fuck! I thought you went for a smoke!"

"I-I did but-" William looked at me with glossy eyes. "But some- but they were-"

"William take it off!" I point at his shirt.

"W-What?" he looked at me confused.

"You can explain later, just take it off!" I rushed him.

His shaky breath got louder as he tried to reach for the ends of his shirt, the tears falling from his glossy eyes due to pain.

"F-Forget it!" I shoo his hand away, letting myself slowly pull his bloody shirt over his head, trying not to graze the severe slash.

I bring his shirt into a ball and before pressing it against his chest, I look at him for a moment.

His chest was drenched in blood, he was panting, he was in pain. He had been confused as to why I was simply standing and watching him bleed.