forty eight

TW: paranoia?? i think, detailed death mention

William's POV

They're all staring. All of them. All of the parents, all of the children, all of the employees, even the animatronics.

They're all talking about me. They definitely know what I've done.

They're all talking about the way I walk, they're all talking about the way my nose is shaped, there all talking about how creepy I am, they're all keeping their children away from me.

They're all judging me. They're all looking at the way I stand by the front desk, staring at it with my eyes darting to every corner of it, trying to avoid eye contact with anyone.

"Excuse me sir?"

I look up at the lady in front of me.

"I was just wondering where we could get extra tokens for the arcade?"

I stare at her for a moment. Does she really want tokens? Or is it an excuse to look at me?

"Er, please?"

I quietly look down at the tokens under the desk. I reach for the small cup and hand it to the lady.

"Thank you.." She looks at my name tag. "William. Thank you William."

I watched as she walked off with her small child, who seemed to be jumping in excitement at the sight of tokens.

But this means I looked up. Why would I look up? Everyone sees my face now. They all see my ugly face.

Every since my mother paid me a visit, all I feel is guilt. I didn't care before. Now it's all I care about. Guilt.

I'm a fucking monster. I can't even live with myself anymore. I can't believe I did that. I should have just led those kids back to their parents that one night, despite what they might have thought of me. They might not have even thought of me in any way, they might have just thanked me for bringing their kids back safely.

Why didn't I just bring the kids back? Sure they were annoying, but I could have just brought them back and went on with my night.

Why did I kill that man by the forest? Why did I help kill Julia? Why would I influence Willow to kill Julia? Why did I kill that one girl, I think her name was Cassidy? Why did I kill that one boy, I think his name was Evan. Why would I even think about killing Charlie, my best friends daughter? I'm so glad I didn't, he would have never forgave me.

Why did I kill those three boys in their own home? I could have just asked for the animatronics back.

Why would I kill my own father? I could have just kicked him out.

Why? What the fuck is wrong with me?

They will never forgive me. None of them will. They're all talking about me right now. Henry must be talking about me too.

Someone is talking to me right now. But I can't hear them. I can't look at them. They might laugh in my face, and call me a pathetic wimp, and that I'm going to hell.

I wish I went down the same path as everyone else. I wish I went down the same path as Henry. The sweetest soul, with a loving wife and child, who will never look at him as a monster.

I'm sorry mother. I didn't mean to.

They're touching my shoulder. Their voice sounds familiar, but I can't remember who.