nineteen •

tw// death

yesterday

"Aw crap, I don't have clothes to change into. How do I bathe?" William realized.

"I figured we would end up in a situation again where you need clothes, so I took some of my grandfathers before I left." I said.

William crossed his arms. "Why do you have a bunch of your grandfathers clothes?"

"He went on vacation to Cuba and never returned." I looked at him.

"..Oh?" William tried not to laugh.

"..Anyway. I'll go get your clothes and towel, wait here." I tell him.

-
Present

Yesterday I told William it was fine if he slept in the same bed as me, I felt bad if he was gonna sleep on the couch.

He refused and at least agreed to sleeping on my floor.

He told me that he doesn't wanna take up my space, + he's a kicker.

I remember when we were kids he once kicked me right in the gut. It wasn't fun.

I sat up on the bed and looked down at the floor.

William was sprawled out on the ground with a light snore and a little drool. His cheek was squashed on the floor and the blankets and pillows ended up all the way at his feet, causing him to sleep on straight carpet. His nose scrunched and his eyebrows furrowed every once in a while.

I brought my knee up to my chin and smiled while watching his drool begin to fall onto my carpet.

His light snore suddenly stopped and the room went silent.

I continued smiling, lightly confused.

"Stop starin' at me." william mumbled before his light snoring resumed.

I drew my head back, startled a little bit before realizing he was asleep again.

I slowly climbed out of the bed and stood before him, kneeling down near his head and admired him.

He was adorable.

I calmly and slowly ran my fingers through his hair, sighing. His hair was silky & soft, smelling of my only shampoo bottle used for curly hair. He decided to use it anyway because it smelled so nice. I think it smelled nicer on him.

What am I even doing. I'm kneeling here and admiring a guy who has no problem seeing the decaying bodies of small children, and definitely would have no problem seeing mine.

Half of the things Julia said that night probably aren't even true. The more I think about that, the more it hurts, because I think I might actually like him.

Just think about it. Why would a guy who kills people for the fun of it, feels no empathy except for me and Henry which is weird, and manipulates the people around him love someone in the first place?

The longer I kneeled there and ran my fingers through his hair, the more his snoring decreased until eventually, it stopped completely and he sighed.

He slowly opened his eyes and the met the rug, slowly bringing his eyes up to mine and making contact with them for a good 15 seconds.