thirty five •

if you care about william a lot, maybe take a sip of water before reading this😭

tw : suicide attempt, suicide mention, blood, self harm?

Willow's POV

"Hey Willow?" Henry tapped me on my shoulder.

"Hm?" I turned around.

"Before you finish locking up, could you check on William for me? Earlier he went into his office saying he'd come out in a few, and he never did. I would go check on him myself, but my wife needs me home urgently." Henry asked nicely.

"Of course Henry. You get home to your wife." I smiled at him.

"Thank you so much Willow. You're the dearest." He ruffled my hair and turned around, quickly leaving the building.

I sighed. He always needs to be checked up on. If nobody would check up on him, he might keep himself in there for a week without a word or glance at a single being. It's something I did in fact like about him, how he doesn't like socializing much even though you'd expect he would.

I stressfully threw the rag in the bucket as I finished cleaning the last table. Thank god Circus Baby's opens in a few, I can't wipe tables anymore. I might completely lose it.

I heavily pushed the kitchen doors open and dumped the bucket in the larger sink, leaving it in there for whoever would come in the next morning.

I sighed and placed a hand on my hip, checking the time on my watch. "Right. William."

I flicked the lights off on my way out of the kitchen, the doors swinging closed behind me as I made my way down the main hall to the big brits office.

Before I turned into the hallway, I stopped in my tracks and looked over at the three quiet animatronics on stage.

I find it hard to believe there's just dead kids in there, and nobody ever smells it when they walk by. Not even Henry. Possibly the terrible smell of the oily and cheesy pizza overpowers it and keeps the putrid smell right inside the animatronics. I mean, I don't ever really smell it either.

They're probably really angry with me that I'm siding with their murderer instead of them. But let's be honest, it's their fault.

I looked away from the animatronics and calmly walked down the main hall as my shoes clicked against the checkered tiles. I pulled my keys out of my pocket, ready to leave after I check on William.

I approach his door and knock twice. "William?"

Like most of the time that Henry asks me to check on him, no response. I knock again without calling his name, knocking a little harder.

Usually around the second time, he answers. But this time, he didn't. Was he even still here?

"William?" I call without knocking.

I furrow my eyebrows and quickly twist the knob, pushing the door open without his response from the other side. If he gets mad that I came in without him permission, then that's his problem, not mine.

The moment I opened the door, I was met by nothing but darkness. The blinds had been shut, allowing no light from the outside to enter. The only thing you could see, were the dust particles illuminated by the light from the hallway.

"The hell..?" I mutter, turning to the wall and flipping on the light.

I had expected to see William dead asleep on his desk, but he wasn't. He wasn't here. 

I look behind the door just to make sure he really wasn't here, or he hadn't left anything behind.

I spoke too soon.