1. new girl

when there's hurt, there's happiness. all you gotta do is wait.
**

Cameron's Journal
Entry a hundred-something..

I hadn't written in a long time. Well, overall I hadn't written a lot since I was nine. I stopped around my tenth birthday and I just recently started writing about my life again.

It's been a month or so since our championship win and I still admire the trophy in our trophy case. It's quiet in the front den of our school. Class doesn't even start for another half an hour. It's only me sitting on one of the chairs, looking down at my old, tattered notebook. It has sticky notes in it sticking out, torn edges, and scribbles of some sort on the edges. Some students have their headphones in and some quietly chatted to their other mutuals.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if our world was perfect. No mistakes, no pain, no hurt, no lies, and no tears. These things keep me up at night. I imagine having the life I wish I could have.

I just spotted Sierra's car, I should go. Let's see if I even remember to write later.

-C

~

"Hey! Your cheek looks way better than a week ago." she walks in, giving me a check on the face.

My cheek isn't bruised anymore and it's a but of yellow-green color. Ty felt bad that whole week and was fearing for his life every time he saw me with a volleyball. I see Parker striding in with Olaf pajama pants and a Disney World hoodie and Sierra hides her face in my shoulder and her shoulders shake.

I chuckle as she huffs by us. "Someone went to Disney before school." I give Sierra a nudge who rolls her eyes playfully.

Parker gives me an unimpressed look and she sets down her bag before sitting in front of me.

"Ma literally did my laundry right before school! These were the only clean things I have. I look like a literal weirdo!" she grumbles and I hear the boys chatting away, walking in. Once they spot us and head over, Blake bursts out laughing and Ty covers his face.

Kaydon pats her on the shoulder. "You look like you're in pain." he teases and she shakes him off.

"I don't want to talk about it."

Blake smirks and shakes his head. "Oh, no. We have to talk about this." Parker throws her granola bar at him and he catches it gladly, opening it. I see Kaydon make his way over to Sierra, giving her a kiss on the temple and they both sit by themselves a little bit farther from us.

Ty slides into a chair next to me, his cologne filling my space and he's looking at them with a proud face. "God, I love them together." he mutters. I smile at the two sitting with huge grin on their faces.

They both look happier and that makes the whole group happy too. The sun shines past the window near them and it hits the both of them at the sides of their faces. They laugh and smile and I think to myself for a second. Somehow they both shine brighter than the sun shining on them.

Blake groans, "They make me feel so single."

Same, Blake. Same.