4. "chemistry"

mistakes don't define you.
**
tw- touching, strong language used, anything that triggers anybody. <3

Cameron's Journal

Last night I don't ever want to relive again.

I had a dream. Should I even call it a dream? I'll call it a dream. I was wearing a black skirt and a white and brown colored sweater vest. My hair was in a low ponytail and I was just strolling around in Target. It was normal, it was fine, it was just me.

Then, somehow I felt something. I felt a hand on my arm and I turn to a guy. He was faceless. Faceless, soulless, and was the color red. Just the color red. His hands were on me, all over me. Fast forward and I'm in front of my dad. He was glaring at me with a glass of whiskey. I avoided his gaze.

A sting of pain rushed through my body when he slapped me. He yelled throughout the entire house that I was a slut. I was a whore. I was a needy, desperate bitch. Fast forward again and I'm at a club. A club where no one saw me get fucking smothered on by the same red guy. I felt so alone, so violated, so broken. I woke in tears, shaking, and trembling. All I was thinking about was the comfort of Ty. He would know what to do.

He did. He knew everything. He listened and he understood. He said that I'm not a mess and that I'm not always going to be 100%. I know I said I heard him, but did I really?

I'm still a mess. I'm still broken. I will forever be that way.

**

I'm sitting in bed with a blanket on my legs, leaning against my headboard, just scrolling on my phone. It was around 10 in the morning and I can still hear the clanging of pans downstairs from my mom and the birds chirping near my window.

A knock came on my door and creaked open. Blake's head pops in and I laugh as his eyes widen when he sees me looking at him.

"You free, Cam?" he asks and I nod, sitting up. He closes the door gently behind him and sits on the edge of my bed.

"What's up?"

He fiddles with a string on my comforter and I just stare at him, waiting for him to continue. He still hesitates but I wait anyway, still staring at the side of his face.

"Are you okay from last night?" he turns to make eye contact with me and we do. I don't see the Blake I'm used to seeing. I don't see the sarcastic, humorous, charming teenager, but I see a teenager who's scared, heartbroken, and lost.

I open my mouth to respond but no words come out. Every time I try and explain what happened, I break. I cry and I shake. He takes my hand and holds it with his, looking at it. I take a shaky breath.

"Yes, I am." I say slowly, and he nods. "Ty really helped me last night. Thank you for calling him Blake." he smiles but that smile doesn't reach his eyes.

"I'm glad you're okay, sis. You scared the living shit out of me. Mom doesn't even know but she's wondering why you've been in your room all morning." he rolls his eyes but then looks at me again in all seriousness.

"Whatever is happening in your life and mind Cam, I'm always here for you when you need it okay?"

I grin and pull him into a hug. My brother and I aren't like other siblings in the town. There are some who are toxic to each other, too toxic. Us? We joke around, we chased each other with sticks, we laugh at each other, but we always stood up for each other. We would always be by each other's sides and never leave until the other is ready. He's been my best friend since I was born.