2. confused

do you love them or do you love the thought of being with them?
**

Cameron's Journal

It's been a couple days and I just wish Kasey has duct tape over her mouth.

Besides that inconvenience, I tried to make some light talk with mom. Her smile doesn't reach up to her eyes like they used to. My jokes aren't enough and I feel like a star that has already burned so brightly, that I'm now utterly useless.

So useless and dull. That's what I am.

I'm too tall, too long of legs, too blonde, too much. I'm not this standard that everyone wants to see. The issue I don't get is, why do girls have to be short to be complimented? Tall girls get hate, but we are special too. This is high-school everyone. Here, if you're a girl over 5'9, you get fucking called long legs.

And I hate it. I hate it with all of my heart. I hate myself with all of my heart and that's not going to change.

**

I put my backpack on the ground beside my stool and I grab an apron on to paint my canvas. I immediately spot Kasey and her friends chatting nearby but I try to ignore them as I pick my paint colors.

"Especially Sierra." I hear one of then mutter and my fight instinct came on. I try to not look obvious but I try looking curious at the different arrays of paint.

"She's such a bitch, isn't she?" Kasey chuckles lightly and her voice still rings in my ear. Are you serious?

I take a deep breath and calmed myself down but then Kasey decided to keep on talking with that mouth of hers and her friends decided to laugh along.

"You know, I wonder how Kaydon decided to be in love with her. She's lucky she's a little bit shorter than him." Kasey says a bit too loudly and I whip my heard towards them.

"Cameron! Hey, girlie!"

I roll my eyes, setting my paint down. "Kaydon and Sierra deserve each other, stop talking shit about then." I snap. Her friend scoffs and I threaten her with a black bottle of painting, pretending to squirt it on her.

Kasey steps forward and puts a hand on my shoulder. I immediately take a step back and grabbed my bottle of paint and she looks at me with a fake pitiful look.

"Honey, Sierra is a fucking joke ," she laughs, smiling. "Kaydon is just full of pity for her. They're best friends, poor Kaydon has to put up with her."

Her voice is so penetrating, lord help me. I stand right up in front of her and grabbed her red hair in a tight braid and yanked it up for her to see me. Short ass.

"Keep talking shit about my best friends and we'll see who's the fucking joke right now." my voice taut and my blood boiling. I feel a hand on my shoulder pulling me back and Kasey and her friends walk away without a word to me. I turn to see Ty and I groan, walking back to the paint bottles. He leans against the wall, crossing his arms. His biceps visible through his tight light gray long sleeve and a navy blue apron on top.

"Cam."

I ignore him and kept on looking at the paint. I really need a better plan than look at paint.