15. tension

I will always, always love you. Even if I don't say it.
**

Cameron's POV

"You break her heart again, I'm killing you." Blake points and he closes my door.

I texted Ty yesterday to come over and do our project. Its due after our formal and we're almost done, just finish touches. Mostly me, he wanted to come over and talk. I told him we could forget about it and just be cool. Well, Parker sent that message. I just accepted it.

I chuckle and started painting.

"Cam," he starts and I turn around, paint brush in hand. He takes a step back and I step closer with it.

"Scared of paint, Shruder?" I tease and I see his shoulders visibly relax since he got here.

"Are we cool, C?" he asks and I nod, turning back around to continue painting. I saw a small smile forming on his lips but I ignore it.

I hear him shuffling around and then I see him jumping on my bed in a flop. I laugh to myself and continue doing specks of purple on the canvas.

"I heard Evan is going to ask out Parker," I start conversation off cooly. I can see him raise an eyebrow in interest and I know he knows. Blake told me the whole story.

Evan is one lucky guy. It's damn hard to please Parker and well, he's somehow done it. Ty stands up and goes over to me by my side.

"Damn right, at the formal." he says under his breath.

"Somehow he charmed her," I chuckle and he breaks out in a smile. I love that about him.

I love how he grins and smiles at the little things I say or do, especially whenever I say something quietly and he hears it. It's kind of nice to have someone who listens to you. His smile in general is quite beautiful, pearly white, straight teeth and soft tiny dimples on the sides.

He waves a hand in front of my face, causing me to jump. "You spaced out, C." he says with a concerned look and I get back to finishing my painting.

"Sorry, a habit."

Out of the corner of my eye I see him walking around my desk area and my photo wall. The wall is covered in many photos that I printed out over the years. I hadn't updated it since a couple weeks ago, but I plan on it especially after the formal. There's pictures of my family, random dogs at school, and Parker shoving a hamburger in Sierra's mouth.

I see him stop at a certain photo frame and I gulp nervously, knowing what photo is in it. I turn slightly, setting my brush down to look at him examining the photo. I set the painting aside and sit on my bed, fiddling with my fingers. The sleeves of my shirt are covered in specks of paint and my black sweatpants.

I eye Ty and he seems to match me. Black, tight long sleeve that clings onto his body, doing wonders for his  muscles, and black joggers. His eyes slowly looking over the photo before looking up at me.

"When was this?" he asks, sitting on my roll chair by my desk and rolls on over in front of me. I take a look at the photo as he sets it down.

It was a photo of my family and Blake and I were almost about six years old. My hair was in two little blonde pigtails and I was wearing a pink Barbie themed dress with matching shoes. Blake's hair had gel all over slicking it to a side part and sporting some athletic shorts and a football shirt. We were both smiling with one missing front tooth.