21. confronting

No one sees you the way I do.
**

Ty's POV

We walk back downstairs to the group and I see Blake and Evan struggling to light the cake.

Cam walks on over to the girls who were across the table, waiting to take photos. That big bright smile appearing on her face. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn to see Kaydon looking over there as well.

"Cake time!" Evan says, seeing Cam and giving her a hug.

Kaydon nudges me slightly, eyeing the girls.

"Did you give it to her?"

I nod with a smile growing on my face. He starts laughing quietly and I look at him confused. He shakes his head.

"You haven't smiled this much at all, Ty. I'm just really happy that you're happy."

I take his words in. You would think Kaydon and I would be kind of tough on each other because of football and our history with football, but he's like my older brother. He knows what I'm thinking and he cares.

"Thanks man," I reply, head down. I can see him walk over to Blake, telling him that I told C. Blake gives me a wink and I grin. I feel a presence next to me and I look down to see a smiling Cameron.

"Hey," I say.

"Come on, I want you by me for cake!" she drags me on over and I stand by her left while Blake is on the left. The girls are in front ready to to take photos.

Evan turns off the lights and it was just the dim candle lights that shine. It glows onto her face and her smile just grows even more, the light reflecting her eyes. Her hair slowly falls down, almost touching the frosting and I pull it back, tying it badly with her hair tie on my wrist into a ponytail.

When we were about to sing the song, her phone blares. We all groan and she looks at us sheepishly, taking her phone out to see. The minute I saw her face drop makes my stomach turn and my fists clench.

"Who is it?" I ask almost immediately and she shakes her head, setting her phone down for us to see.

Gasps go around the room and Parker runs to turn on the light. I can see slight tears forming in her eyes and Blake hugs her. Kaydon and I look at each other and he gives me the nod to pick up the call from Harry.

"Please, Ty." I hear her voice break and I turn to see her looking at me while hiding in Blake's arms. Blake has a look of anger on his face while staring at the phone.

"Please answer it."

I immediately go to the phone and press the accept button. Everyone is quiet, everyone looks at me and the phone, waiting for an answer. I put it on speaker.

"Hello, hello? Cam!" I hear his venomous voice coming through the phone.

"Do you need something?" I reply. He starts chuckling.

"Well, why isn't Ty. How are you doing son?" his tone  is fake, he is fake, he's a fraud in everything he does.

"I was doing fine until you decided to call Cameron," I say, my tone stern and annoyed. "Now answer my fucking question, what do you want."