6. perfectly fine

Everything you do is just perfect to me.
**

Cameron's Journal

Sometimes I really wished I was somebody else. I wished that my life was different, I looked different, I did things differently, and the way I acted.

Everything I did was spoke on about by my dad. He still has contact with me and he still comes over to just scream at us. It hurts every time. I'm either too skinny or eating too much. I'm too quiet or too loud. Sometimes, he even told me that I should just stop being who I was and started being like somebody else.

I don't know how Kasey knew, I don't know if she heard from rumors and shit, but it hurts. My heart hurts, my head hurts, everything hurts. It'll get better though.

Ty promised. I hope.

**

The bell rings and I set my things down quietly as I could. Kasey taps her long fake nails on the table and Ty is staring blankly at the board. He hadn't spoken a word to me all day today and it's kinda weird.

He would always say good morning, how I was feeling, or a joke he thought of. He would be cheery and smiley with the rest of us when we're together hut when it's just us? He walks away. Its like I did something but he won't tell me the shit I did. I kind of need him right now and it sucks. We're usually chatty and never cold, but how do I cope with this?

"Ty," I whisper, tapping his hand with my pencil eraser. He glances at it for a second and still ignores me. I hide the hurt look in my eyes and turned to look at the bored too. I feel eyes on me and whenever I would turn my head or move my eyes to see from the corners of them, the feeling of eyes on me vanishes. I know he's looking.

Our teacher taps on the podium and it's our substitute today. He looks in his mid-forties and doesn't give a shit about this class. "Listen up, students." his voice loudly going over the chatter in the room.

Heads turn to him and he clears his throat before grabbing a packet of papers most likely from our teacher.

"Your project, which will be due in a month or so, will be a partnered project," he began and people started whispering to their friends.

"This project you will need two 18x24 canvases and the two students will be painting on them. The artwork shall be representing the overall aura, personality, and character of your partner. Make sure to be colorful and meaningful. You must also write a short paper explaining it. You may choose to tell your partner before presenting what the painting is about or wait till presentation day."

Everyone starts buzzing excitement and I lean on my hand, still listening to the teacher. From the corner of my eye I see Kasey eyeing Ty and Ty is just blank, looking at the table.

The substitute quiets us down before flipping the page of the packet. "Here are your partners. Your partner must be the person across from you." my heart stops and I freeze.

I slowly turn my head to see Ty's wide eyes at me. I don't know why I'm so shocked and scared that he's partnered with me. I guess it's because of the awkward tension and the thought of being close with each other. He looks away quickly and clears his throat.

"Talk with your partner for the remaining time of class. Get to know them and get an idea of what you should paint." the teacher finishes and everyone starts talking loudly. I turn to Ty and Kasey gives me a side glare. She rolls her eyes at me and turns to the girl in front of her.