16. formal

You are my best friend. You are my soulmate.
You are my lover.
**

Cameron's POV

It is finally the day of the formal. The guys are coming over later tonight before everything starts and the girls are almost here. I plug in the hair curlers and straightener in the bathroom and I run downstairs to get a charging cable.

The final formal. I honestly don't know if it'll be the formal to remember.

Every year, the girls and I have fun, but it wasn't as fun as everyone says it was. We were bored, the guys there sucked ass, and we decided to leave and go take shots back at Parker's house. This time, the boys are here and I'm hoping it'll be more fun.

I hadn't told the girls about the almost kiss situation, probably never will.

I rummage through old drawers in the living room and I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I look up to see Blake with his duffel bag and phone in hand and he looks up at me.

"Going to Kaydon's?" I ask and he nods.

"Remember we're all spending the night there. See you tonight C," he ruffled my hair before leaving and I wave.

The guys usually get ready together and now Evan is included in their little circle. Evan kind of balances them out. I found what I was lookin for and began quickly going back upstairs, but I bump into a hard shoulder and almost fell backwards.

"In a rush, Cameron?" Harry asks amused. I roll my eyes and didn't answer. I keep on walking and he shouts.

"You need to answer me Cameron!" his voice booming through the house. Blake can't help me
now.

"No, I don't." I respond. I walk back down near him, but a safe distance away. He chuckles dryly with an evil grin and I just stare at him in disappointment.

He leans against the railing and I see his suitcase by his feet.

"Finally leaving?" I look at the suitcase and back at him.

"I'm doing this for your mother," he says and I actually laugh. I laugh and then wipes the humor off of my face.

He would never do that.

"You? You're doing this for mom?" I say in uncertainty. "Bullshit and you know it. You haven't done anything for us besides giving us fucking trauma, Harry."

He looks taken aback by my response and I see the fire blazing in his eyes. His fists are clenched and he walks slowly towards me. I walk back a step and he stops.

"You fucking know what you did and what you do every damn time you come into this house. You break us down, you call us shit, and you hurt us. Inside and out," I trail on and I can visibly see his patience fading away with me.

"Go fucking leave, for all I care. No one is going to miss you, no one is going to visit you, and you w wonder why. Do you wonder why, Harry?"

He doesn't answer but I continue anyway.

"It's because you are not worth the fucking time." I say right into his face. Before shit gets out of hand, the doorbell rings and I step far away from him, down the stairs to open the door.