11. dresses

And in that moment, I realized that I'm in love.
**

Cameron's POV

I grab my hair clip to clip up my hair and locked my car. I walk to the bench he told me to meet at and sit there with my notebook. I fix the drawstrings of my grey zip up and the ones on my black shorts. The wind blows against me and hair gets in my face.

Ty called me today to meet up at the park to work on the project. Parker and Evan wanted to meet up with us a bit later to go shopping for the formal coming up at school.

The formal is a winter formal our school and student council does every single year. There's not a theme, just remember that you can't flash a boob or whatever. Girls every year are anxious and so excited to have a date to the formal. The girls and I always went with each other and we're doing that this year. Sierra got a dress from her mom a couple weeks ago and it's so perfect, she's wearing for the formal. No literally, it's absolutely gorgeous and Kaydon would die if he saw her in it.

Parker and I are going shopping to find the perfect one. Now, for the guys? I'm hoping the guys find suits that fit. Blake I'm not worried about, he's actually pretty good with style. Kaydon is also pretty good at suits as well, but Ty and Evan? Those two are terrible with formal outfits.

The one thing I'm terrified for, and has always been afraid of, is the many judgmental looks I'm going to get. I always have a fear of just looking so bad that people will laugh at me or talk shit about me. Dresses always show my body too much for my liking, and I hate it. I would always try and grab a sweater on the way out but Parker had told me that I look fine and amazing.

I'm not sure I did. I felt exposed and not good enough for the dress. I throw away every single one after I wear it.

"There she is!" his voice snaps me out of my daze and I smile. He's wearing a black t-shirt and cream colored pants. I chuckle at Blake's beanie on top of his head and he raises an eyebrow.

"Something funny, Davis?"

I cross my arms and sigh. "Nope, nothing. I don't even know you."

He sits down and leans back, legs spread one of them barely touching mine. "Ouch, that hurts."

"You did it yourself," I snort and he rolls his eyes.

"So, why did you need me to be here today, Mr. Shruder?" I ask, laying the notebook on my leg.

He looks at it curiously and then takes it. Its a blank notebook so there's nothing special in it. He hands it back and looks at me. Those stupid brown eyes piercing through me. "I was wondering if you wanted to work on the project here, but two shitheads just popped out of nowhere," he said lowly. I turn to see Parker and Evan walking towards us and I put on a smile.

"Hey, guys!"

I nudge Ty's leg to be a bit more cheerful. "What are you guys doing here so early?" I question and they sit down next to me. I can see Ty's whole mood flip and I put a hand on his bouncing leg to assure him that it's okay.

"Well looks like Shruder over here is in a pissy mood," Parker snorts and Ty throws a small stick at her to which she catches.

"Wow, Sanchez you caught something!" he gasps dramatically and I whack his shoulder.