13. liking and loving

My mind is full of you, how can I stop?
**

Cameron's POV

Its been a week. I've been rolled up in my blankets, in a hoodie I've been wearing for days now, listening to Harry Styles, and been eating Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

We were never together so I can't be mad at him. He doesn't like me so I can't be mad at him. I don't like him so I can't be mad at him. I can't.

But I am, because I'm selfish. I am, because I like him so much that seeing him kiss the girl who he hates, who I hate, who has hurt me, hurt. She probably initiated the kiss.

But the fact they did kiss hurt. I'm just being an idiot.

It's the weekend. My mom came in to try and talk to me, but work has been kicking her ass. The girls tried calling me but I left my phone on silent and it died. It's currently charging. I hadn't spoken to Kaydon and Blake since and I know they've been texting. Ty didn't call once, text once, or come by once. How do I feel?

Blank.

It's just barely evening and I see the sun starting to set. I've been laying in here for the whole day doing nothing but think.

A sound of tapping on a window caught my attention and I turn to the one near my desk. I see his head barely peeking and I sigh, walking slowly over. I open the window slowly and he's holding onto the wall and the part of the roof.

"You know you're on the second floor," I say, the first few words I've spoken for the past week. He looks tired. He looks into my eyes like he's finding something to figure out.

He tries to get in but I step in the way. "What do you want, Ty?" I ask softly.

"Can we talk?" he replies and I nod.

"Here?"

I nod again and he sighs. The type of sigh where he hesitates to speak. I just want an explanation and then get myself together to just be normal again.

"I didn't kiss her, okay? Well, yes I did, but I didn't." he starts rambling off while on the roof of the second floor

"She yanked me by the shirt to kiss me and I didn't even know it. I'm sorry for all of this shit, C. It killed me seeing you that night. I didn't think it would hurt you that bad because we're just friends."

Just friends. Yeah, I forgot.

I gulp the words down my throat and nod with tears just barely brimming at the eyes. I shouldn't have liked him, I shouldn't have fell for him. Blake was right.

"Just friends," I mutter softly with a laugh and he stops, staring at me.

Ty furrows his eyebrows, "Wait, you're mad at me just because I said we're just friends?" I was taken aback by his strong tone and I nearly close the window on him for accusing me.

"No, I was never mad-"

"Cameron you can't be mad at me for being just friends! We don't like each other!" his tone was gradually getting louder and I don't even know why.

"I wasn't mad at you for that!" I snap and he chuckles. Chuckles.

"I liked you, Ty. I did. I was hesitant but I thought you felt the same way. Of course you didn't. You can't like your best friend's sister, right? You can't. Why?" I look at him while he looks at the ground.