3. nightmares

make memories that are worth remembering.
**

Ty's POV

I tap my pencil on the shelf of my locker before throwing it in. It's the end of school and everyone is already leaving. While closing my locker and re-checking my bag, I feel a hand on my shoulder.

I turn to see Kasey. Her hair is in long waves of red and I get a giant whiff of her perfume.

"Kasey," I say through gritted teeth. I spot the rest of the group waiting for me at the door. Kasey smiles and trails her hand down my arm and I shake it off.

"What do you want Kasey?" I ask impatiently. She looks shocked for no reason and starts laughing obnoxiously.

Is she okay?

No.

I roll my eyes and began walking past her. She stops me and I turn around, almost knocking heads with her. I can feel eyes on us and that's definitely the group. Of course. I step back, still facing her and she gives me one of those fake plastic smiles. "We weren't finished yet, Ty-"

"I was finished," I reply, leaning against the wall. "What were you saying?"

I see Blake hiding his face with his shoulders laughing and Kaydon slapping him to stop. Parker and Sierra are doing finger hearts and doing kissy faces and I roll my eyes at them. Cameron was no where to be seen. Kasey scoffs and starts brushing through her hair.

"I was wondering if you would like to go have some lunch or something tomorrow. It is a nice day tomorrow and it's a weekend." she offers and I laugh for a split second. Then my eyes divert to a passing by blonde. The familiar smell of flowers and citrus and that cheery smile. She doesn't seem to notice us talking.

Cameron makes her way to the group and they all talk to each other. Kasey clears her throat and I honestly forgot I was still talking to her.

I sigh, "Kasey. I'm not interested in you, I don't like you, you called my friend worthless, I may have stuck up for you but I realized that I made a huge fucking mistake." she looks taken aback and I step forward, leaning down near her ear and I can immediately see Cameron's alert eyes.

"So no, sorry to break it to you. I'm not having lunch with you."

I walk away and to the group. They all greeted me and Cameron raised an eyebrow towards me and I raise one back. She nudges my arm as the others converse in their own conversation. "You okay?"

We've been getting on better terms. Sometimes we still argue over shit but that's like us since then. We hadn't had time together like we used to, Parker has been stealing her for boy help with Evan.

The one thing I've noticed lately about Cameron has been the way how down she looks. She wears her hoodies or her brother's with any type of bottoms. She used to style it up every now and then. Her hair has been in a messy bun or down hidden beneath her hood. Her mascara seem smudged some of the time and she fidgets with her golden rings on her fingers.

They may seem like style changes but she was always the most put together person out of all of us. She was bright, cheery, and full. Now she's dull and empty. It was like a piece of her was missing, and it broke my heart.