8. self-love

You were the one that made me feel enough.
**

Cameron's POV

The bright sunlight shines through my curtains and I hear the quiet vibrations of my phone. I let it ring until it turns off and rub my eyes. The phone turns off and I roll over to check the ID of the person who called me.

Harry's name, "Small Dick, Big Asshole" flashes on my screen as a missed call and I groan into my pillow. I guess I should answer. I tap on the notification and the call rings. My eyes are barely open, but then he answers it. There's a slight shuffle and then he talks.

"Morning, Cam. How are you?" he asks me and I can hear the background which consists of loud music and people talking. A bar, how lovely. I check the time and it's nearly two in the afternoon.

"Don't call me Cam, and I've been great until you woke me up with your inconvenient call. What do you want?" I answer in a bored tone and he chuckles.

He pauses for a moment before replying to me. "A father can't check on his daughter every now and then?"

"A father wouldn't be at a bar at two p.m., slapped his son and wife, degrades both of his children, and threatened to take everything away from a child who's parents can't even support him because they just let you do shit to the people he cares about and to him." I snap, sitting up on my bed.

"So, no. You're not a father to me, therefore you can't check up on me."

The silence was loud between us and then the occasional shouts of, "Drink!" came in between. I hear him laughing with someone and I almost hang up but he starts talking again.

"Cameron, let go of things. I haven't even said anything cruel to you and yet you burst out at me," he says in a weird tone, too calm. "I did nothing."

I scoff, "Nothing my ass. What do you fucking want?"

"What I wanted was a nice conversation, but I can't seem to get that can I? You know what, Cameron? You and Blake are mistakes. You both can't seem to become stronger mentally can you? You both crumble and fall in a matter of seconds because of my words, and that's pathetic."

My blood is boiling and I try to speak but he continues rambling on.

"You are pathetic Cameron. You can't seem to love yourself either! Your go-to motto back the was, Love yourself and love others, yet you can't follow that now can you?"

I stay silent and he ends the call. I drop the phone from my hand and stare at the wall in front of me. No matter what he says, I know that he's right. I can't seem to love myself and I hate the way I started off snappy.

I can't seem to get a break from Harry and it sucks. I lay down and face sideways to the mirror on the left of me. I analyze every feature of my face from the small zit on my forehead, down to my nose, and down to my pink lips. It's either too small, too big, too wide, or too narrow and I hate it.

I hate that he's fucking right.

**

I wish school wasn't a thing. I walk down the halls and to lunch where everyone was already there. A few people wave at me and I try and smile back but it doesn't reach my eyes.