10. art

It's you I'm crazy about. Not her, you.
**

Ty's POV

I sit down at our usual lunch table and immediately realize something is wrong. I look around slowly to find an empty space in front of me, in between Parker and Sierra.

"Where's C?" I ask and Blake shrugs.

"She texted me she won't be eating here today. She might be in a classroom or something," he says nonchalantly. Parker wiggles her eyebrows at me and I roll my eyes.

"Why? Worried about your girlfriend?" Evan teases and I shoot him a look.

"She isn't my girlfriend, and yeah I am worried. She didn't eat this morning did she?"

Blake nods and I grab my apple and cookie, standing up. Sierra looks at me knowingly, giving me a smile. Blake puts a hand on my shoulder stopping me. I shrug it off and he stands up next to me.

"Dude, where you going?"

I start walking away. "Looking for your sister who is probably starving."

I start walking out of the busy cafeteria and into the quiet hallways. I look at every classroom and she wasn't in any of them. She usually sits with us or studies in the library but whenever she doesn't eat breakfast, she's hungry.

My mind clicks and I immediately run up the long flight of stairs to the art room and once I get there, a heavy backpack on, an apple and cookie in hand, I see her. She has headphones on, her braid slightly messy. She's looking at a canvas with tons of paint next to her and on her arms. She's wearing a white tank top with grey sweatpants and I see her maroon denim jacket on the chair. I knock on the door loudly and she lifts her gaze to me.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" she takes her headphones off and smiles at me. I walk in, placing down the bag with a cookie and apple.

"You weren't at lunch and I knew you would be hungry." I say and I take a peek at her canvas. Right now it has sketches and she turns it around.

"Hey! No peeking. This is for our project." she narrows her eyes at me and I sit on the counter, next to the arrays of paint and brushes. Her arms have specks of paint somehow and I chuckle at the paint on a strand of hair in front of her face.

I play with a brush in my hand as she takes a bite of the apple. "Did you just come here to hand me food?"

I shake my head, "And to see what you were up to. I didn't even start thinking about mine yet." She laughs and I crack a small grin. That laugh just does something to me.

"Well, why don't you start now with me? We still have a lot of time," she suggests. I take that into thought and grabbed a canvas on the shelf. I put it on an easel across from her and she hands me an apron. I tie it on and before I could look up, a splatter of orange paint lands in the center of it, also getting my hands a bit orange.

I look up and she's trying to hide her laugh with the back of her hand.

"Whoops!"

I raise an eyebrow and grabbed the big brush next to me, dipping it in purple paint. She screams and hides behind the canvas and I wait before flicking the paint at her.