12. mistakes

You stole my heart, my mind, and my soul. You're a criminal.
**

Ty's POV

The football whizzes past everyone and it lands in my ready hands. I hear Blake whooping in joy and I hand the football to another player. I jog on over to Kaydon and Blake who were chatting and they both pat me on the head.

"Nice catch," Kaydon shoves me on the shoulder playfully.

"Nice throw." I say back and Blake knocks both of us on the head with his hands.

"No thanks for defending both of you from tackles?" he complains and we both attack him in punches and shoves. Our coach blows his whistle and everyone starts running over. We stop our playing and we head on over too.

Everyone huddles around and Blake and I join the rest of our teammates while Kaydon goes to coach's side. Coach clears his throat before speaking.

"Good practice today, boys. I expect all of you ready for Monday's practice." he looks at all of us and we all nod.

"Alright, pack up." he dismisses us after some information for next week and we all start chatting and getting to our lockers. I grab my stuff and waited for Blake and Kaydon to finish up. I walk out to see the sunset starting and I spot that head of blonde hair on the bleachers.

Parker, Cam, and Sierra were waiting at the top of the bleachers. They spot me and wave.

"We'll see you at Melly's later!" Parker shouts and I give a thumbs up.

The three start to leave and my eyes just linger on to C a bit longer. Her face looks a bit more happier today and her hair was getting in her way. The way she laughs and throws her head back when she laughs just make me so happy that she's comfortable where she is. I love the way she smiles when she does and the way her highlighter shines when she faces the light.

I love everything about her. It's a sin how much I would lie for her, kill for her, die for her, and how much I want to just be with her every day of my life.

I want to learn so much about her. How she feels when she looks at something, I want to know how she feels about herself, I want to learn the different emotions that flicker in her eyes. She's everything I need and someone so unique. So lovable, so selfless, and so good.

"You're staring again," Kaydon nudges me out of my trance and I look back at the bleachers realizing they left. I shake my head.

"I was not," I retort and Blake snorts.

"Yeah you were. Your eyes were literally twinkling."

I sigh and start walking out of the field with them by my side. The silence fills the air and I can tell Blake wants to say something from the way he just zones out as we walk.

"You like her, dude." Kaydon says to cut the silence. I shake my head vigorously.

"I can't."

Blake sighs, "But you do."

More silence as we stop. They both turn to look at me and I just stare at the ground. I've liked her since the beginning, how could I not? She gets me, she understands. She knows me. She's like my other half.