14. stupid

I regret everything about myself that couldn't have you.
**

Ty's POV

"Thanks, have a good one." Evan takes the ice cream cone and joins us on the bench.

It's right on sunset and the guys and I are sitting at the bench near the beach to just talk. Blake suggested this and he never does, so I'm kind of suspicious of him. I have a feeling it's about C.

Evan sits on my right as Blake and Kaydon sits across from us. The waves crash and the wind blows against our tank tops. I stare out into the ocean, which the color kind of matches Cam's eyes.

"Ty," Blake catches my attention and I turn to him.

"You and Cam need to talk."

"We're just friends." I but in, everyone shuts their mouths. I'm only telling myself this to just feel better about what I said to her.

She doesn't deserve my outbursts.

Kaydon throws his cone in the trash can in a swift motion before turning his attention on me. He has that dad look before they lecture you and I just prepare myself.

"Ty, you heard her right? You heard her say she fell for you. She did. But you also did too." I avoid his gaze and look at the table in front of me.

"You can't deny that you both still like each other. Its just you guys being stubborn as hell and insisting that you both don't deserve each other. The only thing you're doing is hurting your hearts."

It does hurt my heart.

"You do still like her, right?" Evan says. I nod slowly. I do, I very much do. I like everything about her, not just like but love. I love everything she does.

No one can resist this girl. She's bubbly, kind, and loving. Her smile is so genuine and brighter than every star in the universe and her eyes have a special glint in them when she admires something interesting. No one can ignore the furrow of her eyebrows when she's confused or in deep thought, no one can forget the way she laughs. God, that laugh. That laugh just makes you smile so quickly. No one can resist her.

I can't resist her. Her golden blonde hair is what I imagine every day, her style and scent is just right for her, and her fucking lips that I desperately want on mine. I want everything about her. But I can't have her, can I?

"What can I do? We're awkward now, not the same. I can't do anything." I reply quietly and they shake their heads in disagreement.

"Do us a favor and at least talk again. Do something special at the formal, Shruder. Make it the last dance to remember for her," Blake adds and I exhale deeply. "You love my sister, I know you do, so just go for it."

He's right, I do love that fucking woman.

Blake and Kaydon walk up the ice cream line to get seconds and it's just me and Evan now at the bench. I sigh, twirling a napkin in my hand. I think about Evan and Parker, the way they interact with each other.

"How about you and Sanchez?" I change the subject and he looks at me confusingly.

"What about her?"

I raise an eyebrow knowingly and he rolls his eyes, looking out at the beach. A couple people play football and others laying and reading. There's a couple on a towel just staring out and talking. I winder what they're talking about.

"Are you and Parker in a relationship?" I ask genuinely and he thinks for a moment.

He sighs, "I'm actually asking her at the formal." My eyebrows shoot up in surprise and I pat his shoulder.

"Good luck man," I say and he chuckles. I do wish him luck, hoping she says yes and luck with Parker.

Parker Sanchez is quite literally the hardest female on earth to get to fall for you. If she does, you know you're damn lucky and you're the one. I never expect Evan to be the one but we're happy for her. I don't know about Blake, he's still protective.

Evan and Parker are genuinely really sweet when they're together. I see the way she gets a little on the anxious side but still herself. He makes her laugh and they both are close together. They're perfect, I guess.

"Hopefully luck is on my side," he says quietly.

"Do you love her?" I ask and he looks at me in surprise.

He shrugs, "It's way too quick to say I love you to someone in a relationship that hasn't even started. I do love her but it isn't the time."

He has a good point. I think for a moment. Is it a good time to say that I love C? I mean, I've known her since forever. Is that enough time?

"If you're wondering if love is worth it and shit, it is." he says and I look at him waiting for him to explain.

"If love means that you can be with the person you adore and desire, seeing them so happy over the small things, kissing them where no one else can, and just being near them, I think it's worth a shot," he says to me with a smile. A smile that's small.

I take the words in and realize that C has always been worth it.

"Go for it at the formal, Ty. You'll thank us later." Evan assures me and I sit there conflicted.

You're conflicted over nothing! Go for it you dickhead.

Kaydon and Blake sits back down at the bench with their ice cream. "What did we miss?" Blake asks and Evan and I shrug.

"Parker is getting asked out at the formal," I say and Evan shoves me. I start laughing while seeing Kaydon and Blake's shocked faces.

"Dude!" Evan slaps me on the arm and I keep on laughing.

**

a/n

unedited

short chapter :)

I LOVE TOP GUN MAVERICK

-s