Thirteen

Rylan

A misty scent warped its way up my nose, making me open my eyes. Once my vision adjusted to my surroundings, I realized I was in a cabin, and it was not the same cabin that Ari and I were in. This cabin was even creepier than before. And much dustier. The whole place was covered in cobwebs, and I was surprised no spiders were crawling around. An animal head was across from me, as well as a dart board right next to it. But there were no doors and barely a window. I pushed myself up from the ground, twisting my body until it popped. Well, whoever kidnapped me sure did not do a good job. In movies, the person is restricted and unable to speak. But here, I can roam around.

My first thought, though, was that I needed to get out of here and find Arianna. Hopefully, nothing has happened to her. If I'm here, where was that girl? Fay... that's her name. The one who took Ari's parents. Her parents, she claims. Everything's a mess. I have no idea what's going on. All I know is when I saw how horrified and upset Arianna was, I wanted it to go away. I did the only thing I could think of. Go with her to find her parents. I didn't know what I was getting myself into, nor what may happen along the way. I left school, my life basically, and my parents behind for this girl—my best friend. I could have called the police, for Christ's sake. The police! Like any normal shocked human being. But would it have done any good if we just ended up here? In a world we had no idea existed? What could the police do if the parents weren't even in the regular world? Though we did get arrested, we could have told them right then and there, but considering our circumstances, it wouldn't do any good. But this will be worth it in the end. We'll find her parents, defeat Fay, and go home. I mean, the only difference will be that Ari somehow has powers.

"I know she wouldn't make it this easy to get out, but let's find a door." I dusted myself off and headed down the stairs. The squeaky stairs, I should say. Even downstairs was dusty, with cobwebs everywhere. The place must have been abandoned for so many years. I'm not surprised, considering the other cabin was almost the same way, too. Everything was knocked over and broken on the floor. Nothing stayed up except the chandelier above my head, which I feared would fall any minute. I spotted the big red door ahead of me and rushed over, pushing and pulling it with all my might.

"No luck. Of course." I muttered, scratching the back of my head. "Where are you? I know you're here watching me! What do you want from me!?" I shouted, turning around. I knew she was here. There was no way she wouldn't be. She had something in mind, taking me away. I stomped back down the stairs and stood in the room. Waiting. Without any warning, she appeared right in front of me, knocking me back.

"My my... you are kind of feisty." Fay swayed her way over, her fingers cupping under my chin. "I like that." A smirk formed on her face. I squinted my eyes, trying to move my face away from hers, but it was like her strength was more substantial than mine. Of course, it would be stronger; she has unknown powers.

"Tell me why I'm here," I demanded.

"That's easy. I want to have more fun. You guys were so close to finding our parents, yet she still has not all her memories. The fight would not be so fun if she did not remember who she was. So I kidnapped you, so that takes her away from her original trail and to you. I'm not here to hurt you. I'm here to make this game fun." Fay shrugged her shoulders, letting go. I stared at her in disbelief.

"This is not a fucking game! This is not fun. This is unbelievable. You're crazy." I scoffed. Hopefully, Ari will find me soon. She has to. Or she could continue the path to her parents, but knowing her, she'll try to save me instead. Of course, she would. I'm her best friend. There's no one more important to her than me besides her parents. We're all she has. Well, until we meet Fay.