Fifteen

A game. A fucking game! Does this look like a game to you? No, it's not. This is a life-or-death situation, and she's making it out to be a game. She captured my parents or, well, our parents for a game. She even caught Rylan, and now we are all stuck in this cabin for who knows why.

"What do you want? We're playing your stupid games. I'm getting my memories back like you want!" I swung my hands up. Fay kept standing where she was, staring at us. She looked over at Meadow, who stood behind the both of us.

"Hello Meadow.. how are you?" Fay completely ignored Rylan and I. Meadow cleared her throat, looking at Fay.

"Don't ask questions. What do you want?" Meadow narrowed her eyes, her voice stern. Fay scoffed, shifting her position a bit but not much.

"I'm just trying to make conversation here, guys. I haven't seen Meadow or my sister in forever. You know how horrible it was in that jail? Did you even remember me, Meadow? Did you feel sorry for me?" Fay questioned, stepping toward us.

"Sorry for you? You deserved it! You could not control your powers. I trained you every single day, gave you as much advice, as much yoga to do to calm your nerves, and still you went haywire. All I wanted was for you two to live a peaceful life." Meadow answered, stepping in between Rylan and me. Her eyes filled with something I could not comprehend.

"Do you know how I felt? Being in that jail... surrounded by other twins." Fay questioned, her voice softening.

"Other twins? We're not the only ones?"

"Of course, we're not." Fay laughed. "Twins are rare, my beloved sister, so it's been a prophecy of evil and good."

There were other twins... Evil twins were locked away in the same jail she was in, which means there must be good twins around. I wondered if I ever met someone without realizing it. I wouldn't have realized it either, would they?

"So.. if there are other twins, how come you were the only one that escaped?" I questioned, wanting to know the answers. Fay grinned, looking up through her eyelashes. "Answer me!"

"How about I show you instead?"

As if on cue, a portal opened up beside us, but only I was thrown in, not exactly knowing where it was taking me. It was all too fast of motion. Hitting a hard ground, my eyes closed for a second from the impact. It took me a minute to get myself off of the floor, but as I did, two guys grabbed a hold of me. I didn't have time to struggle or even react as I was dragged into a building and thrown into a cell.

"Thought you could run away, huh? It's stupid of you to show your face again. We'll make sure you don't escape this time!" One of the guards yelled before turning his back on me. I immediately stood up, grabbing hold of the bars as I tried to get the guard's attention.

"You have the wrong person! I'm not supposed to be here." I told him, but he only scoffed and continued standing there. With no avail of him moving or unlocking the door, I sat on the long wooden bed in the corner. The only object that they had in this cell. Closing my eyes, I tried to imagine myself back where Rylan and Meadow were or at least somewhere close to them, but as I did, electricity shot throughout my body. I screamed, falling onto the floor as I held myself.

"Don't bother trying to use your abilities. I guess you never learn, Fay. This place has a barrier, so you can not use your abilities." The guard explained, laughing as he looked into the cell at me. So that was it, huh? He thinks I'm Fay and that I somehow ended up back here. Well then, I'll have to play pretend and get the hell out of here. I pushed myself back onto my feet, huffing a bit at the pain of the electricity before climbing into the wooden bed. With all of the events that happened today, I did not even realize night had fallen upon us.