Twenty-Six

My whole body is on fire. I feel like my entire body is on fire, actually. Hilarious for me to say, considering the memory I had just gotten. Every part of me was aching, and I felt like if I tried to move, it would only make it worse. My eyes were too heavy to open. I couldn't even move my head.

"Arianna? Arianna!" A voice called out to me. At first, I thought it was Rylan. He is always calling out my name. Interrupting my thoughts with his own. But Rylan isn't with me. I'm all alone. Wandering my hometown but not even feeling at home.

"What is wrong with her? Is she going to wake up or not!?" The voice spoke harshly, almost worriedly.

"Wyvern, I need you to calm down. This is your fault in the first place. She's fine. Will need some rest." Another voice spoke. This one was definitely unfamiliar.

Wait a minute.. where the hell am I?

Startled, my eyes popped open, and I sat up from where I lay. Pain shot throughout my whole body, causing me to grunt and cradle myself.  It took me a second to realize my surroundings, but it looked like I was in a small room with many medical items. My gaze finally landed on the dragon man and another male beside him. The dragon sighed in relief, rushing over to my side.

"Arianna, I am so sorry. I am sorry for not listening to you. For attacking you like this. You guys look so alike, and I thought... you know... you're not supposed to be here, so.." The dragon trailed off, his face full of regret for what he did. Though I am pretty pissed off that he attacked me so aggressively without talking it out, I also understood where he was coming from. However, something he said caught my attention.

"I'm sorry... What do you mean I'm not supposed to be here? And now, all of a sudden, you can speak English? And who is this?" I questioned, motioning toward the male now checking over my wounds. And that was also when I realized I was in nothing but what looked like a nightgown. "Where are my clothes?"

"I am used to speaking Draconic, which is a dragon language. I am a dragon if you did not realize-"

"Aw nah.. the horns totally did not give that away, nor your ears. Plus, your whole build and how extremely attractive you are. Nope." I interrupted, waving over the male's body. Suddenly, I flinched as the other male put pressure on my side. He sent me an apologetic look.

"Anyway... My name is Wyvern, and this is Jack." The dragon, now known as Wyvern, was introduced, nodding toward the blue-haired male.

Jack was a bit smaller than Wyvern. His body was quite fit, covered in a white silk robe, half of it hanging on his shoulder, showing off half of his muscular chest with a crystal necklace lying on it. His green hair was braided into one, laying nicely to the middle of his back; it made me want to reach out and touch it. It looked so soft and well-kept, but what caught my attention besides his glowing red eyes was the vast horns protruding from his head, except this one was not like Wyvern's. They were shaped like deer.

"Are you a deer, Jack?" I blurted out, tilting my head to the side as my eyes remained on his horns. Jack let out a low chuckle, his shoulders rising and then falling. I blinked a couple of times at that response. Was that a yes? No? Maybe?

"You can say that I am, though it doesn't matter who I am. What matters is that you are okay. Wyvern got you here in time despite how far I live. You only need to rest for a few days to heal fully." Jack responded, wiping his hands off as he stood up.  His words took me back. I glared over at Wyvern, who shrunk back from my gaze. "Something the matter?"

"There is. How far away do you live from everyone else? And I can not rest. I will rest tonight, but Wyvern will take me back to where I must go first thing in the morning. What I am doing is important, and I am on a time limit." I responded harshly, my eyes never leaving the dragon.